Aftermarket steering wheel

Hi guys I’m changing my steering wheel for an aftermarket on my r50. How do I go about turning the airbag light off. Is it just a case of fitting a resistor??? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Yep that's all you need to do I did this when fitted my seats and harness as took out the pre tentoners and airbags from the seats what wheel have you gone for ?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    You’ll need to watch as new MOT regulations have come in to force. One being ...
    Original equipment airbags must be present and not obviously defective.
    This might cause you some issues at MOT time.
    Why not get your old wheel redone and save any hassles.
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    Yep that's all you need to do I did this when fitted my seats and harness as took out the pre tentoners and airbags from the seats what wheel have you gone for ?

Thanks for that mate. My friend is giving me a wheel and boss Out of his old cooper cup car. Not sure what it is yet. Will fit it over the weekend and stick on pictures

It’s for a track car. Will be mot’d but thankful I know a nice tester . I’m actually looking to get my classic mini wheel redone. Any recommendations?

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by jait1122 View Post
    It’s for a track car. Will be mot’d but thankful I know a nice tester . I’m actually looking to get my classic mini wheel redone. Any recommendations?

Royal steering wheels do a good job

New sig coming soon

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    The wheel I have on GP1499 was done by Jack at Royal Steering Wheels.

He actually works at MINI in Oxford as an upholsterer but also runs R.S.W. as his own business.

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

Second vote for Royal Steering Wheels.
    He did my GP one in Alcantara with red stitching, dunno if I can get a pic to upload on Tapatalk, as it wasn’t keen yesterday.
    Jacek is a really nice guy, I actually dropped my wheel off to him at home, he’s lots of options, good pricing.