Delivery for a new, unregistered F56 MCS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    ^^^ good idea Malcolm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    Fiesta ST Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    Could it be, it was sent back to the factory by the original dealer because there was a fault only the factory could put right? You need some straight answers. Might be worth a call to the original dealership to see if they let any info slip.
    Unfortunately, I don't know where the car was originally from. However, perhaps with the VIN i could find out. Thanks for the suggestion I'll see if MINI CS can shed any light
    Last edited by Alistair; 14th May 2018 at 08:52 PM.

Car
    Fiesta ST Edition
    had the following email

Good Morning Alistair,

I hope this email finds you well.

I have some good news on your MINI, I have arranged for an outside transport agency to collect your MINI rather than using the MINI UK transportation team.

Your MINI is being collected on Friday the 18th and will be delivered back to me on Monday the 21st.

Normally when a car arrives onsite we require a 72 hour window to prepare the car for delivery however I have prioritised your
    MINI with our workshop and valet teams and I will have it ready to on Tuesday the 22nd if that is a suitable date for you to collect?

Let me know if this is OK and I will have Scott contact you directly to arrange the next steps to get things ready for collection.

Thanks
    replied

Good Morning Chris,

Thanks for the update, However last night I started a a few threads on MINI forums last night asking for advice. Please see links below:

http://newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/...stered-F56-MCS
    http://www.totalmini.com/forum/3-tot...d-f56-mcs.html
    http://www.minif56.com/forum/313-pur...56-mcs-uk.html

I contacted MINI Customer Service with the VIN No. this morning based on the feedback from the posts. They are getting back to me to explain why the car wasn't sent directly to you from the other dealer and had to go back to the factory to be checked again. Can you shed any light on this as it doesn't appear to be standard practice?

The date mentioned Tuesday 22nd is ideal as its my last rest day from work.

However, I really want to get to the bottom of what has happened here

Look forward to hearing from you.
    - - - Updated - - -

update

Hi Alistair,

That's great, I will have Scott set the wheels in motion to arrange handover for Tuesday the 22nd. He will in touch directly to do so.

I have just spoken to MINI UK, your MINI is not at the factory and has never been returned to the factory. The car is in storage with the dealer in which we are receiving the car from.

The information I gave you on the phone call the other day was slightly off as I learned today. I thought when the car was listed as in storage that it was held at the factory and not with the dealer who ordered the car however I have been informed by MINI UK that this is not the case.

I apologise for the info being slightly out, I thought I was correct in what I was relaying to you on Sunday.

We have spoken to the supplying dealer and I believe MINI UK have done so too and your MINI is all ready to go waiting on our transport company to collect and there are no issues with the car.

I hope this sheds light on the matter for you.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards
    - - - Updated - - -

this explains thinks better, i think

Hi Alistair,

Yes this is correct.

The car was never being returned to the factory for inspection, I think we have gotten our wires crossed in conversation.

I told you that the car was in storage which I believed was at the factory, this was incorrect as it is with the supplying dealer.

I said once the car was uplifted by BMW/MINI UK Distribution that it is taken from the collection location to the BMW/MINI UK Distribution base in Thorne, Doncaster where they are inspected and sent on to their final destination.

The Distribution centre in Thorne is near Doncaster, All MINI's are sent via this location for inspection before being distributed to the dealer network. This is standard procedure.

Don't get them to valet it! At least not the paintwork...

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    The replies sound a bit more feasible and had they explained that at the time it would’ve all made sense. Fingers crossed they stick to their word and at least you’ve got a final date to look forward too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Sounds a lot more feasible and it sounds like they are now making some effort. "All's well that ends well". Enjoy and I hope you have many happy miles.

Car
    Fiesta ST Edition
    Thanks for your thoughts and support on this. Going tomorrow morning to sign the paperwork. Roll on Tuesday

Car
    Fiesta ST Edition
    So Tuesday...

I arrived at 14:00 Hrs and did the remainder of the paperwork. At approximately 15:30 hrs I was asked to go through to look at the car as there was a problem. The black roof had marks on it that they thought was staining from bird mess and hadn't been able to remove. I looked at it and to me its tree sap. The car prep was only started on the Tuesday so they had only discovered this issue then. The interior hadn't been done properly and either had the rest of the externals. I took the car as I was meant to have my dashcams fitted that night. However, this didn't get done after all. The car was picked up on Wednesday and I currently have the face lifted demo Cooper S until mine is ready. I have logged a complaint with MINI CS as they and my dealer were both told the vehicle had been kept inside and was perfect by the dealer it was transferred from.

Overall a terrible experience and have had the demo car longer than my own one!

On the plus side the demo car has the autobox and have been really impressed with it. Really like the headsup display as well.

I have attached some pics that I took on Tuesday evening while i had it. I swapped over the chrome rings at the back for the black ones, put the sport aerial on and rubber mats in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180522_190513.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	7331

Name:	IMG_20180522_190425.jpg 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	7332

Name:	IMG_20180522_190528.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	7333

Name:	IMG_20180522_190548.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	7334

Name:	IMG_20180522_190635.jpg 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	7335

Name:	IMG_20180522_190613.jpg 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	7336

Name:	IMG_20180522_190559.jpg 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	7337

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I’m sorry you’ve been treated like that. As I said in my earlier post, I’d have walked away. I really hope they sort out your issues to your satisfaction as it sounds like a complete nightmare from start to finish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    Fiesta ST Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I’m sorry you’ve been treated like that. As I said in my earlier post, I’d have walked away. I really hope they sort out your issues to your satisfaction as it sounds like a complete nightmare from start to finish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers Craig. I got a 100 quid discount of my TLC for the mix ups with the delivery. In hindsight I should have just put a factory order in. I thought my car had the JCW seats as standard with the pack. However they are just standard chilli pack ones. STD on facelift

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk