Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Passenger window problems...

  1. #1

    Default Passenger window problems...

    For some unknown reason if I open the passenger door the window fully drops.
    It then takes 16 presses of the up button to fully close it again.
    This has only started to happen in the last few days and is starting to bug the hell out of me because the drivers door works fine.
    Any help or advice to sort this would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Pete


    Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o sarcasm.

  2. #2
    Mark Johnston
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    St Fergus, Aberdeenshire
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Does the window come up and then drop again if you just hold the toggle up?

  3. #3

    Default

    No, it just goes up about 1.5 and then stops.


    Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o sarcasm.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Eddie_JCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Posts
    1,655

    Default

    Does it do that if the door is open when you try to close the window? Only quick fix I can think of that you can try is disconnect the battery for 30 mins, I'm sure the windows lose their memory for the one touch open and close.

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_JCW View Post
    Does it do that if the door is open when you try to close the window? Only quick fix I can think of that you can try is disconnect the battery for 30 mins, I'm sure the windows lose their memory for the one touch open and close.

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Ive not tried to put the window up with the door open Eddie.
    Ill try that in the morning.


    Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o sarcasm.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Eddie_JCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Posts
    1,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    Ive not tried to put the window up with the door open Eddie.
    Ill try that in the morning.


    Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o sarcasm.
    It might be the door seal

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    JCW Upgrade Blueboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kingdom Of Fife
    Car
    Cooper
    Posts
    604

    Default

    Had this with an R57 I've got in the now to sell. Not sure if its the same system but I reset them by just putting on the ignition and putting down the window and holding the switch for 20 seconds and putting up and holding switch on closed position. Cleared the fault I had same as your having at the moment

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Had this with an R57 I've got in the now to sell. Not sure if its the same system but I reset them by just putting on the ignition and putting down the window and holding the switch for 20 seconds and putting up and holding switch on closed position. Cleared the fault I had same as your having at the moment
    Thank you kindly.

    Yeah, Ive literally just found the same solution by trawling tinternet.
    Ill try it out shortly.


    Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o sarcasm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •