Unexplainable love for a metal box

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

Want More BHP!
    Car
    R55 Clubman JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    it's just as well it's a second car...
    Attachment 7271
    Have you got it back yet?

I see the 5 series is back, all good there

Aye, picked it up yesterday. Because I hadn't driven it for 6 months it felt seriously quick - 3rd gear felt ridiculous.

Good to have it back, not looking forward to what breaks next

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Want More BHP!
    Car
    R55 Clubman JCW
    Aye, picked it up yesterday. Because I hadn't driven it for 6 months it felt seriously quick - 3rd gear felt ridiculous.

Good to have it back, not looking forward to what breaks next
    Glad to hear it mate.

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    [QUOTE=M600-RKJ;362559]Finding myself really torn just now. Keep trolling through auto trader looking at different arguably better hot hatches than the mini. But I don't know if I could say bye to the mini.

I've only had this one (Nigel) a year but its already dug its heel in. I had fully accepted that my last mini (Benji) was going to be a forever car, that didn't quite pan out that way,

Chatting with friends the other day we were throwing out ideas of what we were planning on getting next and I'm really fond of the 208 gti, I've test driven them a few times, but walking back to the mini the other day I took this photo and thought nah I'm not ready to get rid of it yet.

Is it just a mini thing? Are we all mad?

Are we all mad ....quite possibly,but that said “I’ get the MINI thing but also understand the difference’s that people put into their own MINI’s.
    The varieties of type of MINI’s is astounding...show car/ track car and everything in between.
    One of the main reasons behind staying in the fold so to speak are the eclectic mix of owners,strangers and complete nut jobs that have become friends which have moved the goal posts somewhat to now change the balance from purely MINI to less of the cars and events and more of the social times before and after then looking forward to the next event ,so it can all happen again .........mad very much so and proud of the people that are the same .
    The drives in convoys to events .....brilliant
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali JCW View Post
    Sometimes things just take us by surprise.
    Y’up, been there, done that.

Last year my R53 did a grand total of 800 miles - a poor effort.

In an attempt to resolve this, I've done over 400 miles in the last couple of days in it, and it's been epic. After over 13 years of using this car, I just seem to gel so well with it.

The steering has lovely feel, weight and the car has fantastic turn-in. There is more than enough power. The throttle response and pull across the complete rev range is brilliant. The pedals are perfectly positioned for constant heel and toe, just because. The gearchange is quick and precise.

It's just perfect for driving, and that's what really counts, isn't it? Why would I ever want to sell such a brilliant, brilliant thing?

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I feel the same about 1499 but it’s now just not getting used enough to warrant me keeping it.
    Fair enough I did put 4,000+ miles on it in the 6 outings that I had in it last year but it needs to go to someone who will use it more.
    The R59 JCW is a different beast completely but it still has that MINI vibe going on which you just can not beat.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    In an attempt to resolve this, I've done over 400 miles in the last couple of days in it, and it's been epic. After over 13 years of using this car, I just seem to gel so well with it. It's just perfect for driving, and that's what really counts, isn't it? Why would I ever want to sell such a brilliant, brilliant thing?
    That is how I felt about my last r56 I made it my perfect mini. it had plenty (too much) power, it looked the business in my eyes, it handled brilliantly, up until my crash it had only gotten away from me once and that was due to going into a corner a little too hot and being a bit too heavy on the anchors and the back came round.

the car wasn't a particularly good spec only options were the chilli pack and jaw body kit, but that in away is why I liked it because the interior was nothing special there were no distractions no toys to play with so it was just a driving tool. my current mini has a huge spec so I am more reluctant to rip the seats out and because its a comfy car I don't feel the same eagerness to rally it along B roads. saying that you could feel the lsd dragging the car out of hairpins over on the west coast and that was good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    That is how I felt about my last r56 I made it my perfect mini. it had plenty (too much) power, it looked the business in my eyes, it handled brilliantly, up until my crash it had only gotten away from me once and that was due to going into a corner a little too hot and being a bit too heavy on the anchors and the back came round.

the car wasn't a particularly good spec only options were the chilli pack and jaw body kit, but that in away is why I liked it because the interior was nothing special there were no distractions no toys to play with so it was just a driving tool. my current mini has a huge spec so I am more reluctant to rip the seats out and because its a comfy car I don't feel the same eagerness to rally it along B roads. saying that you could feel the lsd dragging the car out of hairpins over on the west coast and that was good fun.
    I know what you mean about no toys, and just being a driving tool - I got in it yesterday, did up the harnesses, fired it up, and I was off.

No faffing about with modes or settings, just get in and drive.

The bigger rARB on mine means the back end is always willing to play