Custom Re-Map

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Afternoon all,

I'm looking for recommendations of somewhere in Scotland that will do a custom re-map on a rolling road along the same lines as 1320 MINI.

I'd like to upgrade the cam and injectors to better match the rest of my car so a re-map is essential.

I know a few people have travelled down to 1320 MINI but its just not a option for me at the moment.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Forgot to mention, its for my 2005 R53.

Cheers.

Having looked into this a few years ago, in short no. Fitting the cam isn't the issue, any competent mechanic can do that. For tuning I wouldn't look past the experience of 1320. The R53 can have cooling issues across the block if you lean it out too much (which is the easy way of upping the power from a rich stock map)

I drove there from Aberdeen - it's only an hour by train from London, have a few days holiday there whilst they work on your car; that's what I did and it worked well. They know their stuff the Barnes brothers.

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    R53 Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by c_me_swim View Post
    Afternoon all,

I'm looking for recommendations of somewhere in Scotland that will do a custom re-map on a rolling road along the same lines as 1320 MINI.

I'd like to upgrade the cam and injectors to better match the rest of my car so a re-map is essential.

I know a few people have travelled down to 1320 MINI but its just not a option for me at the moment.

Cheers.
    Where abouts are you in Scotland?

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Rob had his trailered down to 1320 to get a fair bit of work down a year and a bit ago. From memory the price was really reasonable as well.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    From all the things I’ve heard and seen to do with 1320 I wouldn’t look past them. For R53 tuning they are regarded as the best. I was going to take my R53 down for some work before deciding to part ways with it.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    R53 Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by c_me_swim View Post

Cheers.
    Said 1320 is not an option

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    For what he’s looking for 1320 are the best. I can only recommend who I would trust
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    R53 Cooper S
    https://www.facebook.com/bandmcentre/ Can do the cam and injectors with a custom remap and rolling road.

https://www.facebook.com/Dc-mapping-844838882225456/ I will be going here for my remap when I eventually get the injectors fitted.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Right ok I have been round a lot of the tuners with my R53 and have to say wasted a lot of money on my car trying to get it ran right and tuned with a cam and injectors. Wasted over €600 !!

I know you said 1320 is not an option but I would hold off till it's an option.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Car
    2017 F56 JCW & 2016 R60
    Had all my R53 tuning done at Mad4Mini in Leeds. This was the reduced pulley, camshaft, injectors etc. They also fitted a new model supercharger. Suited me as I was working nearby at the time and could drive down from Perth and leave the car with them for the week.
    2017 F56 JCW Cooper S
    2016 R60 All4 Cooper S: All boxes ticked.