Custom Re-Map

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcol View Post
    Sounds like they have transformed your car. Did they Dyno it? Any idea about before and after power? Do you have a standard engine or did you change injectors, cam etc? Really interested in getting more from my car without the expense of injectors etcí*½í¸€
    No it hasn’t been dyno’d but the acceleration is crazy. Douglas had a rough estimate in power increase but in my excitement I totally forgot what it was. It’s a standard engine but with larger pistons as I had to get the engine rebuilt last year (also by B&M). I did get a bigger intercooler fitted as well this time. I honestly can’t describe just what a difference there is in this car, being able to overtake in 6th is bizarre. Accelerating often requires me hanging on for dear life, to the steering wheel and my driving license!

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcol View Post
    Sounds like they have transformed your car. Did they Dyno it? Any idea about before and after power? Do you have a standard engine or did you change injectors, cam etc? Really interested in getting more from my car without the expense of injectors etc
    This is the r56 model not r53 !!
    I remap on a r53dose not make a huge difference in power trust me I have done it

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

^^^ as Rob says, R53s are old-fashioned engines (i.e. non-turbo) and need tuned the old-fashioned mechanical way.

Unfortunately this is also the expensive way.

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Having run both a tuned R53 (JCW 210 upgrade + bits) and my current R56 (JCW Stage 1 + bits + remap), I can verify that getting big power from an R56 is shooty-in compared to the R53, and (relatively) a whole lot cheaper. Comparing tuning (and tuners) of the two is misleading. As Mon said, R53 is ‘Old Skool’ and the mods required reflect this. Obviously it’s achievable - and great fun - but more involved mechanically and financially.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

My R53 had the BBR220 remap with bigger pulley as well as an uprated cam which was done purely because the engine overheated on the way to BBR and the cylinder head had to be skimmed so did that while they were in there.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    My R53 had the BBR220 remap with bigger pulley as well as an uprated cam which was done purely because the engine overheated on the way to BBR and the cylinder head had to be skimmed so did that while they were in there.
    Yep when fitting a cam you should remap :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

You can run the milder Newman without a remap, it has been done but there's no point really - you need the remap to unlock what the cam gives you

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs