Key Fob // Locking //Alarm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    We haven't been using The Beast very much so we are having problems opening the door, and switching off the alarm. Door will open with the key OK. Car starts no problem, once I am in.
    Questions are:-

How long a journey is required to charge up the key?
    Is there any other way to charge up the key?
    Could we need another fob? Are they prone to this problem?

Any help appreciated.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    I dont know if it would work but they make these wireless charging pads for phone now i can not see it being any different from that so you could get 1 of them and sit the key on to try
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Wire...charging&psc=1
    New sig coming soon

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    They work on a wireless charging standard called “Qi”.
    From what I’ve just found (see below) it could possibly work:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...=164&t=1274714

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint of sarcasm.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Honestly don’t know Malcolm. The wireless charging pad will work as above aslong as they work on the Qi system which it looks like they do.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    This seems intriguing:

Dead Key FOB by DashboardSymbols.comhttps://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/dead-key-fob/id530879057?mt=8

There is also an Android version as well.

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint of sarcasm.

When my spare one was flat (R53 admittedly) I unlocked the car with the good key, then used the old key to drive the car.

Charged it fine, and years later still works

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Thanks guys. Will first try to give the car a good run and see if that works and also buy one of the pads. If it don't work, I can use it for my phone.

Bought a Qi pad, but no luck. The pad doesn't sense the key fob when placed on it. Indicator light should turn blue, but nothing is happening. Worth a try though. Might try and go a wee run tomorrow, if weather is OK. How many miles should it take? Any ideas?

Car
    Mrs S's 55 Plate Cooper CVT :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    Bought a Qi pad, but no luck. The pad doesn't sense the key fob when placed on it. Indicator light should turn blue, but nothing is happening. Worth a try though. Might try and go a wee run tomorrow, if weather is OK. How many miles should it take? Any ideas?
    put your phone on the pad first to activate charging?

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Malcolm, I have a cordless Qi charging “stone” which I will have with me when I’m up for The Fools Forage.
    We can try to see if that works instead.

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.