200 cell sports cat - emissions light

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Car
    mini roadster jcw
    i went a slightly different rout by going stealth cat , basically cut the oem cat open removed the pre cat and welded back up , i get no eml and cat looks stock
    TAPS AFF FITT DOON

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by digi View Post
    i went a slightly different rout by going stealth cat , basically cut the oem cat open removed the pre cat and welded back up , i get no eml and cat looks stock
    I am quite tempted to do that because I have a spare stock cat from my last mini. I presumed you would get the engine light though.

- - - Updated - - -

Also gunna add my two cents on intake I've had my aem intake on both of my n14 Ss and done about 50k between the 2. I personally prefer the design of the aem because the intake is shielded from the heat of the engine bay by being enclosed. I also think the aem looks better. As for quality for the price of the intake there are a few quality issues.

Car
    mini roadster jcw
    no engine light even before my remap and its mot friendly as well . please note its not anywhere near as good as a decat
    TAPS AFF FITT DOON

Car
    Mini Cooper S r56 2008
    I've chickened out on the intake side and ordered a Pipercross panel filter that will sit in the stock box avoiding the heat issues of Alta. AEM item does look good, but can't justify that type of coin on family runaround. Next spend should probably be a metal bodied blow off/recirc valve to replace plastic item.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I have a Milltek downpipe & sports cat into the ‘Stage 1’ JCW system. The downpipe definitely changed the ‘tone’ of the exhaust and made it sound a bit more purposeful. Did trigger the emissions light after every few hundred miles, but ‘cured’ that when it was remapped. Never had any emissions issues at MOT time though. Quite pricey though. ALTA induction is great fun - like having Darth Vader under your bonnet - I looked for him but only found a dead Ewok. Again. No ‘heat issues’ with the Alta either, still producing the power it should. Removed the grille from the scoop, or was that the girl from the soup? Good Luck whatever you go for.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    Mini Cooper S r56 2008
    Fitted decat as recommended. Think I might have damaged the flexi pipe in the process. Just another job to do. Like the mega loud backfire noise on lift off but now have oil blow coming out tail pipes. Will have to do some checks to see if valve stem seals, turbo or pistons are failing. Can only imagine that valves are covered in gunk/carbon due to bad design of crankcase recirculation. Was hoping next purchase would be larger inter cooler, but oil problem will have to be dealt with first.