Zeemax kit - a few questions ppls...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    mgemie
    I'm planning on going for the Zeemax bodykit for my MO sometime later this year :) and am wondering two things.... 1) where's the best place to buy the full kit from? 2) the best place in Scotland to have it fitted? - is there an authorised zeemax kit fitter???

Try contacting MiniFEF (Jordan) and see if he is still selling his kit

Julz
    Firstly, don't do it!!:clown: I'm being honest here, and I think Fiona might agree! I love my kit, but I don't think I'd go through the hassle and expense of doing it again, and would advise others to go down this road. If you get the kit from Zeemax and tell them someone else is going to fit it, they'll have a tantrum and convince you that no-ine can fit the kit as well as they can. Plus, most bodyshops would look at the kit in its bare state and tell you no way, it's absolutely shocking, to the point that the bodyshop at my dealers packed the kit back up and refused to have anything to do with it! My kit is all cracked due to poor quality, despite the bodyshop doing a fantastic job. Honest opinion, the kit isn't worth the expense, plus, Zeemax don't do refunds, what does that tell you!!:evil: I would advise some serious thought before you go through with this, I personally wouldn't advise it, and if I had to do it again, I think I'd maybe go for the Oricari!:)

If you do decide to go ahead, I'll give you the number for Derek at DSG who did mine, fantastic brilliant soooooperb job, but took him a week solid and he might not want to do it again!

Well as far as aftermarket kits go. I think it's the best looking. I had mine fitted by the bodyshop Zeemax use and as yet I have no cracks etc. However having said all that I would not get another one fitted the reason well it's to low simple as that and I would imagine most of the others will be much of the same. Stick with the Aero kit you can't go wrong.
    Cooper Coupe...

Julz
    I think the only reason mine is cracked is due to me lowering it and the high bumpy mileage I do as the cracking is where the rear bumper meets the arches:(

AberdeenMini
    I think the kit looks unbelievably good Surely all the probs mentioned by Julz and ScottieCoop are a small price to pay for having such a dam good looking car!

minidriver#1
    some people have already mentioned they regretted getting this kit. i guess it depends on what you use your car for really. the kit looks good, but as Julz says, it'll deteriorate with driving conditions. i know what i'm lying with scratches and chips, respray asap, so i dont know. there are some newer kits available. check the kit gallery in the exterior forum on mini2.

Julz
    I wouldn't mind so much if the kit didn't cost a bloomin' fortune in the first place! For that sort of money you would expect some quality, but unfortunately that's not the case!! Don't get me wrong, I love the kit, but I do get hacked off with it sometimes!!

If you enjoy back road driving, don't get this kit! I've had to tame my driving for fear of wrecking the kit and it takes a bit of fun out of owning a car like the mini:(:disapprove:

mgemie
    I've decided to go ahead and get the Zeemax kit fitted but it'll be in two or three months though... Does anyone know if Zeemax can fit the kit themselves or will i have to pay for carrige and then have some local garagehead do it?

Also, Julz where did you get your 4exit exhuast system from? What make/model is? I'm looking for a resonalbly priced, decent sounding 4exit full exhuast system but i might just go with the Zeemax option at the mo...

KINGHORN
    ask jordan, if ur in aberdeen i no of a top quality bodyshop that will do the work(lol) jordan im sure will back me up