2018 Isle of Man TT races

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Car
    Mini Countryman
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Bugger....sad news that Dan Kneen has been killed at the TT. Such a nice guy who finally got a works ride on the BMW....the TT can be s cruel mistress
    It's tragic.

Car
    Mini Countryman
    Steve Mercer was the other rider that was involved in a collision with a course car, which was responding to Dan Kneen's incident. It's a shame as he retired last year for family reasons but was tempted back this year by Honda as a stand in if Hutchy didn't race. He has been transferred to a Liverpool hospital so hopefully he will make a good recovery.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Seems the riders were sent back to the pits in an anti-clockwise direction while they tended to the aftermath of the Kneen crash and that's when he hit the course car coming the other way. Questions will be asked on how that happened that's for sure.....its dangerous enough without that happening
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Bugger Press release from the TT website......

ACU Events Ltd regrets to confirm that Adam Lyon, 26, from Helensburgh in Scotland was killed in an incident during the Supersport 1 Race today at the Isle of Man TT Races. The accident occurred at Casey’s, just after the 28th mile of the course, on the 3rd lap of the race.

Adam was a newcomer to the TT this year. He qualified in 24th place for today’s race with a fastest lap of 122.261 which he improved to 122.636mph on the opening lap of today’s race. His fastest lap of the TT course – 123.443 - was in Friday’s Superbike qualifying session.

Adam lapped at 122.499 as a newcomer at the Ulster Grand Prix in 2017, finishing 11thin the second Supersport race. He finished sixth in the 2010 Pirelli National Superstock 600 Championship with podiums at Croft and Silverstone.

ACU Events Ltd wishes to pass on their deepest sympathy to Adam’s family and friends.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Car
    Mini Countryman
    Bugger Press release from the TT website......

ACU Events Ltd regrets to confirm that Adam Lyon, 26, from Helensburgh in Scotland was killed in an incident during the Supersport 1 Race today at the Isle of Man TT Races. The accident occurred at Casey’s, just after the 28th mile of the course, on the 3rd lap of the race.

Adam was a newcomer to the TT this year. He qualified in 24th place for today’s race with a fastest lap of 122.261 which he improved to 122.636mph on the opening lap of today’s race. His fastest lap of the TT course – 123.443 - was in Friday’s Superbike qualifying session.

Adam lapped at 122.499 as a newcomer at the Ulster Grand Prix in 2017, finishing 11thin the second Supersport race. He finished sixth in the 2010 Pirelli National Superstock 600 Championship with podiums at Croft and Silverstone.

ACU Events Ltd wishes to pass on their deepest sympathy to Adam’s family and friends.

Yeah it's tragic, just living his dream.

- - - Updated - - -

That's four races run all in good conditions and the lap records have been tumbling.

Both todays Supersport and Superstock races were very fast close races with very close finishes, less than 5 seconds covering the first three in the Stock race!

Two people having an excellent TT are Davy Todd (a new comer) and Davo Johnson on the Gulf BMW (has to be the nicest looking bikes).

Worth watching ITV4 to see the races, don't want to spoil the races by telling you the results.
    Last edited by mini mad andy; 4th June 2018 at 09:47 PM.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Racing this year has been fantastic so far
    ITV4 coverage has been brilliant as well....not sure on Jody Kidd but Cam Donald is superb as a race commentator IMO
    Just shows how good stock bikes are these days when they can run to within 1 to 2 mph of the superbike lap times

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Michael Rutter has just done a 121mph lap of the TT course on the Mugan electric bike....wow.....yet another lap record broken
    Every race this year has seen the lap record broken.....what a week so far

Car
    Mini Countryman
    Michael Rutter has just done a 121mph lap of the TT course on the Mugan electric bike....wow.....yet another lap record broken
    Every race this year has seen the lap record broken.....what a week so far

It is amaizing how quick the leccy bikes are now and it was good the University of Nottingham bike gave the Mugan some competition, shame though that the Bath University bike went on fire in the back of their van while being charged destroying the van, bike and all their equipment on the first Sunday of practice week before they had even done a lap.

The Supersport & Lightweight races today were also cracking races breaking more lap records!

Whats going on with people nowadays, on Monday someone throw a chair onto the track, an American at Bradden Bridge cycled across the track during the sidecar race and tried to cycle along to Quarterbridge, today between races people would not get off the track even although the Marshals asked them to and at the Bungalow people were doing something on the footbridge even although Marshals had asked them not to. Why can people not be sensible and respect the Marshals!

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Watched the superstock race last night.....OMG ..... Peter Hickman, Michael Dunlop and Dean Harrison going at it hammer and tongs on what is basically a standard road bike and lapping at close to superbike lap times on treaded tyres....outstanding

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Well thats the TT over for another year......and what an event it was. Every race saw a new race and lap record. So pleased Peter Hickman won the senior. His last lap was outstanding and sets the new lap record at just over 135mph and that included having to deal with back marker in the run down from the mountain. Incredible