Hello from a wannabe owner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Welcome along and good luck in your search for an R53. There’s been a couple for sale recently that have been “worth a look” so you should find one that’ll fit the bill without too much trouble. Can’t beat the whine ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Quote Originally Posted by EcosseGP View Post
    Welcome along and good luck in your search for an R53. There’s been a couple for sale recently that have been “worth a look” so you should find one that’ll fit the bill without too much trouble. Can’t beat the whine ...
    Thanks! Always loved the whine of the supercharger on various cars I've been in.

Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    Cars sold Gordy. Or it would have been ideal
    Yes, if it was still for sale I would have been very keen, looked like a great car. Hope it went to a good home!

I’ll be selling my 2005 R53 JCW soon. Message me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dobboy View Post
    I’ll be selling my 2005 R53 JCW soon. Message me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, PM'd

Car
    Mini Cooper S R53
    Hi Jamie. Using my special powers I am deducing that we know each other 😋.
    Are you still in Eunos Ecosse despite your 5 being killed off by the dreaded tin work?
    I sold my silver MK2.5 sport but still have my mk 1. I wanted something a bit quicker but still cheap to own and after a fair bit of hunting found a 2003 R53 and I am loving it. It had a few mods when I bought it and I did a few more so it's getting more and more track orientated.
    While looking around for the right car I ended up finding a lad about Manchester area who buys and sells good minis. In the end I didn't buy from him but I kept in touch and put a young Eunos Ecosse member in touch and he bought a car from him. If you drop me a pm I will give you all the details. If you want to have a drive in mine then you would be very welcome. Maybe meet at Kames some time.
    Hope you find a great one to add to your collection!
    Catch up soon

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcol View Post
    Hi Jamie. Using my special powers I am deducing that we know each other 😋.
    Are you still in Eunos Ecosse despite your 5 being killed off by the dreaded tin work?
    I sold my silver MK2.5 sport but still have my mk 1. I wanted something a bit quicker but still cheap to own and after a fair bit of hunting found a 2003 R53 and I am loving it. It had a few mods when I bought it and I did a few more so it's getting more and more track orientated.
    While looking around for the right car I ended up finding a lad about Manchester area who buys and sells good minis. In the end I didn't buy from him but I kept in touch and put a young Eunos Ecosse member in touch and he bought a car from him. If you drop me a pm I will give you all the details. If you want to have a drive in mine then you would be very welcome. Maybe meet at Kames some time.
    Hope you find a great one to add to your collection!
    Catch up soon

Colin
    Hello stranger! Hope you're recovering well from the skiiing accident? Had been meaning to get in touch to see how you're enjoying your new car! I've thought for a few years now that R53s would make a good subclass in the sprint/hillclimb series, like A9, as there are a few about at reasonable prices. I'm still a Eunos Ecosse member (for now at least, they might throw me out when I don't have an MX5 any more!), did their Kames trackday last November which was a lot of fun, even if my MX5 had died by then. Spent a while today trying to rip bits off the MX5, the more I can sell, the bigger my Mini budget

Sounds like you found a nice one with all the right bits, your MX5 was a bit like that too if I recall! Thanks for the offer of a drive, might take you up on that if I don't find one soon.

Cheers,
    Jamie

Car
    Mini Cooper S R53
    Jamie,
    Sent you a PM. Well I think I managed to work out how to send one so let me know if it doesn't arrive��