Hello from a wannabe owner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi all, I've just recently signed up as I'm on the lookout for an R53 Cooper S. I've never actually owned a Mini myself, although my wife had an R56 Cooper S that sadly had to make way for a Countryman when our daughter arrived on the scene! I've always liked the idea of the R53, and having owned a few turbo cars but never any supercharged ones, now seems like a good time to scratch that itch.

The car (assuming I can find one!) will be to replace my MX5 hillclimb and sprint car, which sadly the rust got to in the end. I'll be looking to squeeze as many horses out of it as I can, as sadly the Cooper S fits into a class alongside Imprezas and Evos because of the forced induction.

Anyway, look forward to picking your brains as I try and find the right car for me

Jamie

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    If you look up oli mortimer he has an r53 and competes in superlap Scotland. I think the 53s are in their own class but they seem to go just as quickly as the evos and subarus

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Welcome to NMS. I’m sure the right car will pop along and we will always be on hand to answer any questions.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Thanks all for the warm welcome

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    they seem to go just as quickly as the evos and subarus
    In the twisty bits...yes....but they get wasted along Hislops and up the main straight unfortunately

- - - Updated - - -

If your just looking for a track weapon Digital.......would the one you're selling not fit the bill William....
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    In the twisty bits...yes....but they get wasted along Hislops and up the main straight unfortunately

- - - Updated - - -

If your just looking for a track weapon Digital.......would the one you're selling not fit the bill William....
    It sold a few days ago...

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Aaaagh...okay....didn't know that
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Welcome to NMSland

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Cars sold Gordy. Or it would have been ideal
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz