Highland Tour Cancelled

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    As the 2018 'run' season has commenced lets get the HT8 on the agenda

Having spent the last few months deliberating duration, mileage & cost, I've come up with something that can be comfortably accommodated with a one night stopover. I'd reckon that demographically most of us would prefer a run that starts & finishes at Broxden Services to suit all attendees whether north, south, east, west & central.

Will be looking at hotels in the Grampian area, Aviemore, Grantown etc, that can accommodate us all at a reasonable price. The route that I have in my head is heading north from Broxden via Glenshee & the Lecht towards Grantown. Then up 'whisky trail' country all the way up to Cullen (ice cream anyone ). We'd then double back to the Grampian area for our overnight 'laugh & a half' & then a 'laid back' (aye right ) day 2 return to Perth.

Dates : Sat 15th / Sun 16th September

Who's in

1 Crombers & Karen
    2 Brian & Christina
    3 Gordon tbc
    Last edited by Crombers; 28th June 2018 at 12:08 AM.

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Didn't make it on last years, but I'd certainly be up for it this year

Starting and ending at Broxden sounds like a good idea to me.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Sounds good Crombers. Really depends on dates for us
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I’d be up for it again.

The ultimate factor would be the dates.

Sent via The X using Voodoo

Super Moderator
    Car
    F54 JCW White Silver Edition
    We would be up for it depending on dates xx

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    I'll come up with a selection dates as soon as

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    I'll come up with a selection dates as soon as
    I’m guessing that they’ll be between 1st - 30th...

Sent via The X using Voodoo

There's a bigger choice of hotels and more to do in Aviemore - not a lot in Grantown. That said, first weekend in Sept is Grantown Motor Mania, a big classic car show which is well worth a visit.

In Aviemore you can have lunch on the steam railway, go up the funicular railway up Cairngorm mountain, do the brewery tour (the tasting is excellent fun), there's a new outdoor kart track at the North end of the town....

Aviemore is great. The Macdonald resort is fine and not too expensive. Also the Mountain Cafe for the biggest and best cakes I've ever seen

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Traffic Light Racer
    Car
    2017 Countryman S E
    Sounds good to me as well, depending on dates!

Oli

Car
    Cooper
    I always stay in The Cairngorm Hotel on the main street in Aviemore when our Harley rally is on, great food and a real highland welcome and also a fine pint to be had there