Quattro W@#kers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Want More BHP!
    Car
    R55 Clubman JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    I've lost count of the number of white Audi SUV things round Alford. Almost like a uniform round here for some folk
    I know, they're almost as common as Minis.....

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    It’s shocking the amount of MINI’s that there are on the roads up in Scotlandshire.
    Every single time I venture up there in GP1499 I’ve either got 6 or 7 of the wee buggers in front and behind me when I’m out for a drive or if I park up at a show I end up being completely surrounded by the bloody things.....

Sent via The X using Voodoo

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I drove the R53 down to Gala with in the snow earlier in the year with semi slicks. Never had a bit bother
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Sure I read somewhere that Audi outsell BMW by 3 to 1......
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Sure I read somewhere that Audi outsell BMW by 3 to 1......
    No issue with audis plenty of good reasons to buy one especially the avants. My only issue is with the people who buy a quattro and think it's a defender. The people that decide the roads are too bad to drive on because their S3 struggled to get out of their drive

I think it's more the attitude of idiots - "ohmygod I live in the suburbs which I think is in the countryside so I need quattro, that'll stop me from crashing so I can continue to drive like an idiot in my tdi with 20" wheels which I pretend is the fast model"

4wd is handy for those who need it - but 90% of those who have it don't need it, and also don't understand that 4wd will not stop you crashing if you take a corner too quickly.

FWIW I'm not keen on either current BMWs or Audis - the styling is far too needlessly aggressive, chintzy and contrived for my tastes, and I want a N/A 6-cylinder with a manual gearbox which you can't get any more IMO the saloon car hit a high point with the E39 5 series that I don't think has been matched since

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    No issue with audis plenty of good reasons to buy one especially the avants. My only issue is with the people who buy a quattro and think it's a defender. The people that decide the roads are too bad to drive on because their S3 struggled to get out of their drive
    its an Avant I have
    I just meant that was probably why there are more twat Audi drivers than BMW drivers at the moment

- - - Updated - - -

in my tdi with 20" wheels which I pretend is the fast model"
    .......this could be me....lol....although I only have 19" wheels

4wd is handy for those who need it - but 90% of those who have it don't need it, and also don't understand that 4wd will not stop you crashing if you take a corner too quickly.
    all those statements are true....and I admit I don't need 4WD I just fancied it

FWIW I'm not keen on either current BMWs or Audis - the styling is far too needlessly aggressive, chintzy and contrived for my tastes, and I want a N/A 6-cylinder with a manual gearbox which you can't get any more IMO the saloon car hit a high point with the E39 5 series that I don't think has been matched since
    I liked the early M3's from BMW but thats about it for me with beemers where as I've always liked the shape of the A4's, 80's, 90's, ets from Audi.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Winter tyres are a glorious creation. Don't think I'd risk a winter without them now.

Here's my winterised fleet

BMW M2 and R56 JCW

Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    I really wish bmw would put out an advert just to show how dim-witted a system quattro really is. Just been to town and the amount of people running about in S model audis thinking they are hero's because they have quattro really bugs me. Especially when it's a small audi like the S3 or s1 where it's not even proper quattro it's a fwd car that once you are stuck in the snow it will spin the back wheels and most likely not get you out.

Rant over

The S1 is permanent 4wd, the ratio of power changes from 60/40 to 50/50 depending on front wheel grip, it’s a revision of the Haldex system.

It’s mechanically based however it can brake the slipping wheel(s) on an individual axle so it can send all the power to the wheels with best grip, probably similar to the electric diff on GP2?

Put the same tyres on the Quattro as any FWD car and the Quattro will out grip easily.

There’s a few videos on YouTube with S1’s getting driven fast on snow with appropriate tyres on, have a look and you’ll see how good it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk