Blackline rear lights on a non lci

Hybrid View

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Has anyone fitted these to their non lci. I've seen a few minis that have done it just wondered if it is a big job. I know there is a bit of coding required to get them working. What did you do for reverse lights, I've seen some. People copy the lci lower foglight/ reverse light I've never been a fan of the back not being symmetrical when you do that.

Cheers

Mark

Test Passed
    Car
    R56 SD (Black)
    I know someone who did this.
    There was a little bit of wiring and a little bit of coding. The coding was to get the lights to use different sections for tail lights and brake function. I still don’t think he’s got them working as per lci but they work and he’s happy. The reverse light needed to extend the wire. You could always use the eBay smoked Union Jack style and see if they do a clear one for a reverse light

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Kettlepot View Post
    I know someone who did this.
    There was a little bit of wiring and a little bit of coding. The coding was to get the lights to use different sections for tail lights and brake function. I still don’t think he’s got them working as per lci but they work and he’s happy. The reverse light needed to extend the wire. You could always use the eBay smoked Union Jack style and see if they do a clear one for a reverse light
    That was one of my ideas for getting around the reverse light problem

You don't need a reverse light for an MOT. Handy, obviously, but not necessary. Whether a picky tester would fail you on the catch-all 'fitted but not working' criteria is a different matter however

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Oh yeah I knew it wasnt mandatory. Seen loads of 595 abarth with the new lights. But personally I'd prefer to have a reverse light.

Test Passed
    Car
    R56 SD (Black)
    If you like both sides symmetrical, you could get a Euro fog light (presumably on the other side) and swap it for a reverse for MOT

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Kettlepot View Post
    If you like both sides symmetrical, you could get a Euro fog light (presumably on the other side) and swap it for a reverse for MOT
    That never occurred to me that's a brilliant idea. Gunna look into that now. Presumably that would be easier to wire and code as well.