Handbook at £28.00!

Just got a nice new Mini Clubman. Working my way through the Handbook and all the new electrical gizmos I come across:- "Radio, see Owner's Handbook for Navigation, entertainment, communication".
    BUT
    There's no such handbook with the car.

On further investigation I find, from the dealer, that there is such a Handbook but it will cost me another £28.00.

The other suggestion is that I look at an app.

I know that I should have bought that Audi S3!

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by norbu View Post
    Just got a nice new Mini Clubman. Working my way through the Handbook and all the new electrical gizmos I come across:- "Radio, see Owner's Handbook for Navigation, entertainment, communication".
    BUT
    There's no such handbook with the car.

On further investigation I find, from the dealer, that there is such a Handbook but it will cost me another £28.00.

The other suggestion is that I look at an app.

I know that I should have bought that Audi S3!
    Depending on the spec of your car the handbook may be built into the car and viewable on the multi screen
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Thanks but I did know that. Can't say that it's great way to familiarise yourself with the myriad options on all the radio/media/navigation stuff. Read the screen....come off the screen....go to say navigation....forget all that it said on the screen....go back to the "handbook" screen....start all over again.

Life just aint long enough!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Where did you buy the car from? Go back to the dealer that supplied the car.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    Where did you buy the car from? Go back to the dealer that supplied the car.
    Yep done that. That's why I posted......"On further investigation I find, from the dealer, that there is such a Handbook but it will cost me another £28.00"

This is the new BMW way, it's happening across all the models. Also with the service book, which IMO makes it easier to forge (although you can buy fake dealer stamps to forge it the old fashioned way)

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by norbu View Post
    Yep done that. That's why I posted......"On further investigation I find, from the dealer, that there is such a Handbook but it will cost me another £28.00"

As already suggested use the handbook in the car and remember what you’ve read or fork out the £28. Other option is to have a bit of a play around with it and learn that way
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Yeh it’s really good to know that MINI and it’s dealers really care for their customers. I’m really impressed with the get lost and read the app or it’s in the car. Sorry but I don’t think that their attitude or the bog off and buy a book is conducive to great customer relations.

Maybe it’s just me but I had thought dealers cared for their customers especially as that’s the fourth Mini I’ve bought. Looks like I was wrong.

Anyway, does anyone actually read the manual? It's the stupid man way to just bash the buttons until it does what you want it to do

This also has the advantage that 3 years after you got the car, you still get the 'surprise and delight' feeling when you discover features you didn't know about because you haven't read the manual

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

You can also get them online as pdf files, I did for navigation on my Paceman anyway. You can then print all or just pages you need etc as required. I did get a
    book with car but it did not have navigation etc.