MINI 1499 GT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Rather like this and could be tempted
    http://www.motoringfile.com/2017/10/...-mini-1499-gt/
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

I can't understand why they didn't base this on the Cooper rather than the One - I'd really like the idea of a lighter hot hatch, small wheels, lightweight options etc

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Seems a bit lack luster for such a limited edition. What does it get over a jcw chilli pack other than the side decals

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    ...tempted...must resist...
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    I like this too .. it’s a kind of modern take on a classic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I really like it. Just something about it works
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Want More BHP!
    Car
    R55 Clubman JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    I can't understand why they didn't base this on the Cooper rather than the One - I'd really like the idea of a lighter hot hatch, small wheels, lightweight options etc

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I'm with you on this, although that's the first press release I've seen confirming the One is getting a detuned 1.5, so maybe easy enough to up the power. At least the badging now makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeswagon View Post
    I'm with you on this, although that's the first press release I've seen confirming the One is getting a detuned 1.5, so maybe easy enough to up the power. At least the badging now makes sense to me.
    Aye, unlike BMW badging these days - a 528i should have a 2.8 litre engine to my stubborn mind!

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Car throttle posted the price as £16,995. Not sure if that's right because there are some delivery mileage ones at that price

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I quite like this. Many months ago in a fit of madness (now passed, the R56 is safe!), I specced a Cooper, not OTT, and it came in at over £20k... So this neat edition seems pretty good value in MINI world. As others have said, a wee remap and you've got Cooper performance. On the other hand you could go for a year or two old Cooper and add some seats and stripes! Overall though, a guarded thumbs-up from me. I must be mellowing in my old age...

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!