What age of Cooper S has upgraded chain tensioner ?

I'm on the lookout for a Cooper S.
    Can anyone tell me if it's the 2011 or 2012 Coopers onwards that have the upgraded timing chain tensioner ?
    Eliminating the chain issue ?

I would look for an N18 engine personally, but I suppose a lot of the cars with older tensioners will have had the newer one fitted under warranty

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    They came out in 2011 model year, but late 2010 cars. The face lifted car has the newer style radio. If the CD drive is black then it has the newer style engine, if the CD drive is white/cream then its got the old engine.

There are the occasional 60 plate face lifted Cooper S but from 11 plate onwards they will be face lifted.
    Last edited by ianking; 10th October 2017 at 01:01 PM.

I wouldn't trust any of the tensioners, I bought my 2013 JCW last year with 8000 miles on the clock and it had a knackered tensioner.
    BMW M2 and R56 JCW