GoMini Magazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......!!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Julz
    The Cullen Run SHALL return next year, eh John!!

Thye missed their chance to see a bunch of nutters on the back of a tractor, at the top of a hill, getting soaked!:clown:

I don't think it's a case of Cullen being too far, it is closer than America after all!!

Steve74
    Depends on if they just commissioned the story in the US - they seem to do a few so I expect they do it that way instead of sending people over.:):)

Anyway, NMS is getting coverage so that can't be bad.

Have just enjoyed reading through this topic with interest and my comments may sound like the ramblings of an elder statesman, but my parents could never have afforded to buy me a car, but if they could have, they would have. My Dad did fight in a war to give me freedom of speech and always taught me to use it wisely and with consideration.
    As for my "brats", they work hard for what they get and they do appreciate / look after what they have. Neil was doing 14 hour shifts during the uni hols without a break, to buy his half of the car... and me, well I work 70+ hours a week on a regular basis and like KJ I get a lot of pleasure and personal satisfaction spending my money on what is important to me.... and she who must be obeyed.
    Keep the discussions lively (with consideration) on NMS and enjoy the pretty pictures in Go Mini.

Car
    R56 MCS
    quote:Originally posted by weefossy

and she who must be obeyed.
    Well she does have excellent taste in suede cushions

minidriver#1
    i've read through my comments and thought about what i said and i think i aught to hold my hands up and appologise to a certain extent. by saying what i said i put a lot of people into the one bracket, which was unintentional.

as i said before my folks bought me my first car, and also placed a deposit on my mini, which i repayed them. what irks me is that those that get their cars featured in magazines when, in my opinion, they dont deserve. this is what is wrong with GoMini.

People tend to laugh at Fast Car and Max Power readers, but the majority of the cars in those mags i respect. some may look sh*t, but they are what the person wants and they put everything into buying that car and moddifying it.

if my folks bought me my car i'd be well chuffed. but what i am getting at is that i personally would have a greater sense of satisfaction if i could look at my car and say to myself, thats all my work. ya know?

The Dogfather
    I've bought all of my cars myself, but I would have made up if my parents had bought me one of mine. Trouble is my parents would never been able to afford to do that, however if you can afford to spend that sort of money on your kids then go for it; it's not the money that spoils it's bad parenting......

As for go mini I'll invite them along to the Blackpool Run but I'll make sure they know about the Cullen Run and my next run - The Twilght Run.

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Started to read this thread but got fed up very quickly.
    As for the mag if you want it buy it if not don't.

PS.I did not buy my car the finance company did and I am lucky enough to get to use it:clown:

Eggy7496
    quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

I've bought all of my cars myself, but I would have made up if my parents had bought me one of mine. Trouble is my parents would never been able to afford to do that, however if you can afford to spend that sort of money on your kids then go for it; it's not the money that spoils it's bad parenting......

As for go mini I'll invite them along to the Blackpool Run but I'll make sure they know about the Cullen Run and my next run - The Twilght Run.

i totally agree with BDM, the thing that i think that would turn them into a "spoilt brat" is if they didnt give a rats ar*e about there car, ie. not looking after it and totally abusing it.

i received my car as a gift, although it wasent entirely paid, have worked in a fish factory for 4 summers (yuck! lol (2 before i got my car))) managed to put forward a wee amount, doesnt every little help?

now that i have a years placement im earning some cash, courtesy of Shell. i've been able to get some wee mods on my car - yay!!
    i look after mine and actually feel really embarrassed when its not clean. and im proud to say that the only flaws i have onmy car are some ickle stone chips on the bumper (there inevitable!!)

But this thread aint about all that!!

I personally thik Go Mini is a great idea, how many drivers out there (that own all types of cars) can say that they have a magazine dedicated to there type of car????

I've emailed the editor to see if i could get my car featured, all i need to do is send in some pics, fingers crossed:)

Do you just inform teh editor about your runs and see if they want to cover them?? my lochness run is coming up shortly.