R56 Rust

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Anyone had any body work done under warranty I've got rust spots appearing on the lower parts of all 4 arches. went to mini Aberdeen to have it assessed and still waiting to hear back from them. Car was inspected 3 weeks ago. And every time I phone up to check on the progress I get made to feel like I'm being an inconvenience

Car
    MINI Cooper S Convertible R52
    How old is your mini? I know that a few R56's i looked at buying had small blisters in the ear quarters between the back of the door and the rear wheel arch. This seems like a common rust spot where they rust from the inside out. my current R56 (08plate) has two tiny blisters starting there too now, although for an 08 i'm ipressed as there isnt any rust anywhere else on the car. My 08plate civic typeR was starting to rust along the top of windscreen and was worse rust than the mini.....and that was over a year ago. how bad is the rust? any pics?

Off the top of my head the rust warranty is 12 years, but customer service to JCs service department is an alien concept. BMW HQ aren't much better.

Keep on top of them, the fact they haven't said no straight away means you have a case and they're looking for excuses to fob you off IMO

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    My mini is a 2009. Rust is very early stages hast broken through the paint but rust from the inside out scares me a lot. I want it repaired and the car is definitely under warranty it hasn't be repainted I've checked so there should be absolutely no reason for them to refuse warranty. I'm gunna keep hounding them

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't really show up in the pictures as it is very early stages

Yep, just keep on at them. I eventually got a tailgate out them.

I really hate their service department, they know they have a monopoly for miles and take advantage IMO

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Those are the best pictures I could get camera really didn't want to focus on the paint.

I'm definitely not giving up if it comes to it I'll go above their heads and speak to mini

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

The blurry spots is the rust

- - - Updated - - -

Thing is as well the more they kick me about the less likely I am to get them to do any more paint work my original plan was to have them do both doors to avoid any bad mages and the doors are a bit of a mess from the where the previous owner has tried to touch up the paint