Wheel Cleaner Recommendations pls?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Hi, what are folk using for cleaning their alloys with please?!
    I've just finished this stuff from Chemical Guys, wondered whether there was anything different/better Etc?

It was good, you dilute it, so goes a long way, but wasn't desperately cheap.
    Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart Wheels for general cleaning, and Iron-X or equivalent every so often to clean iron deposits. Carpro Trix does tar and iron in the one product

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    TBH it's one of the things I very rarely use probably because I clean the wheels more than most. However, I've been using Autosmart's red seven recently and found it to be very good on stubborn marks and wheels that have needed a good clean. It's a wheel cleaner come fall out remover and PH neutral (so it says) and it's good value for money ... apart from the fact you've to buy it in 5 litre cartons. I've used Car Pro Iron X in the past and it's certainly one that'll shift anything if you stand the smell.
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Thanks for your recommendations n comments, chaps!
    Looks like I've gotta give something else a go, maybe the Red 7, just had a look and I've got a 5L of the Tardis in the garage, does work well!

Think I may actually have some of the -X iron remover too, or something similar that I also bought from Chem Guys!

Last edited by maxibaby01; 3rd August 2017 at 10:03 AM.

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    T tbh your wheels aren't that bad that you'll need anything strong although it's good to have as a "back up". If you don't want to buy 5lts I could try and get some down to you or if you can wait I'll give you some when I see you next.
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

I must admit I've been using wonder wheels from Halfrauds for years, tried a few but it always comes out on top for me.
    http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car...-cleaner-600ml

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Wonder wheels is very very strong I never used it without highly diluting it. Always a bit worrying when the bottles says to seek immediate medical attention if it goes in your eyes or mouth. I use Am detail wheel cleaner has a nice citrus scent and suds up a lot

Wouldn't really call it a top tip, but I'd recommend not drinking, or using most cleaning products as an eyewash ;-)

I use it very sparingly when the wheels are really ****ty e.g. after a Eurohoon or trip to the Nordschleife when the dust build up is hooj.

Always used with an agitating brush and never leave it on for more than 5 mins, but I've seen it cut through crud that most others wont touch.

Smells like eggy tramp piss though ;-)

Car
    2007 MINI Cooper
    Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner - it's top quality stuff I wouldn't use anything else since first trying it
    2007 MINI Cooper 🚗

Personally use anglewax wheel cleaner and give them a blast with red 7 every 2nd or 3rd wash. I also seal my wheels with sonax wheel sealer every month