Official BMW/MINI Owners Club

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    I'm afraid I'm a "NO" too.

I agree with others comments on here so far there appears to be clubs within clubs popping up. I'm all for sharing/getting information but do too many clubs dilute the information and also frustrates people trying to search numerous sites/forums just to find the information or advice that they're looking for.
    Having been a member of a number of car clubs in the past I've found that some are full of people that haven't shared the same common ground as me.
    I know that we can't/don't like the same things but NMS ticks all the right boxes for me. As Pete rightly said the club is more people focused over car focused however we all share the same starting ground "The New MINI".
    You could pick up the phone or contact most of the members within the club and ask for help with something and I'm sure they'll assist without even batting an eye. Could you do that with a larger "general" club?
    Having been luckily enough invited into the heart of the club I'm happy to do what I can to make NMS move forward and help the members as best I can. I'm not sure that I could feel so involved in a larger general national/international club.
    NMS asks for nothing from its members other than you enjoy the club and get involved, however consider the costs and time involved in running this club.
    I wouldn't pay £40 a year to be part of a club that I had a partial interest in would anyone else ?
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    MINI Cooper S Convertible R52
    Although im not exactly a very active member in the forum/club, i do browse the forum a lot. Not been to a run yet but did meet william and andy and found both really helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and above all, totally enthusiastic about their minis. To me, thats the most important elements for any car club/forum. Would that be diluted if we were to join forces with another (paid) club? Absolutely in my opinion.

As the owner of my own car club/forum which i started over 7 years ago, ive seen all the good and bad that happens with forums. Ours ix a small forum dedicatec to the 1990s honda civic 5 door (the "no its not a bloody rover" style!) and aerodecks, so a pretty niche club. its run pretty much the same as nms, and has the same friendly helpful kind of members. we have been asked a few times by different sites if we want to join forces, and also had companies such as autocar (who go around buying car forums) but have always declined. ive seen first hand what happens to really great clubs when tbey either join forces or get sold.........the passion and magic goes. For the ones who join forces, theres the constant power battle between the original site owners/admins, which always ends badly. and even though two become one (yeah, spice girls! lol), you find that the members from the two clubs always stick to chatting with their particular clubs members, which again just causes divide.

when you find a decent little forum, it tends to outlive all the bigger popular ones. i was told by a certain honda forum that my car sucked cos it was a 5 door....wasnt a proper honda.....and my idea of starting my own forum for these civics was z crap idea that would never catch on or last. couple of years later, that site was gone! and that was one of the so called popular sites. it was kleaky as hell, with loads of bitching.
    Because oyr forum was run with a friendly helpful mindset from the start (just like here) weve stood the test of time. yeah, the forum we have is quiet nowadays, but it has new members constantly joining, and our old members stay with us, even though some dont even have their civics anymore. Thats what grezt clubs do.

so keep nms as it is......its great.....it works......and if ut aint broke, then..............

ok, my first book completed lol

^^^ I wasn't meaning merging clubs or anything like that, it was more the individual decision on whether to join a club or not I was meaning

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    MINI Cooper S Convertible R52
    ah, sorry bud, thought there was a possible mrge coming. if theyre charging to join, then id be inclined to say no, i wouldnt join.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    No plans to sell NMS or to merge it with another club
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz