Garages 😣

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi,

Please can anybody recommend a good, trustworthy garage in the Edinburgh/Lothians/Borders area?

My car (2011 Cooper D) is due a service, but also needs a set of tyres, attention giving to the front brakes (judder on braking) and an investigation into why it pulls to the left. I've read quite a bit about this - I know it's a common problem that might be fixed with new tyres (I'm going to switch from RFs to Non RFs) but I also suspect the car was in a minor bump with the previous owner, due to uneven gaps between bonnet and front bumper - so I want this straightened out also.

So ideally I would like to be able to take it to somebody honest who will check it over and fix it without telling me it needs a new shell and interior 😒

Please give me your recommendations.

Also, I've got a bike I can use while the car's away, so I can leave Coops with the garage for a while if need be.

Thanks in advance for any tips you can give.

NG

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Dark Silver R53
    Actual location might help your quest

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Even though it's out your area I'd take it to Douglas at B&M in Glasgow, they're a site sponsor and will see you're well looked after.

All of my cars have been looked after by Douglas and his team at some point and it's always been a great service.

Thanks for that, I'll look into B and M.

I'm in Lauder in the Borders by the way, half way between Edinburgh and Galashiels.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Can't recommend Douglas and the guys at B&M enough.

In and around Lauder quite a lot as my parents live at Oxton
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Ok, thanks for the replies so far.

I'm thinking I'll get an oil change and a set of tyres locally, as I need this done ASAP. Then see how the left pull improves, and then take it to Be and M for the rest (brakes, bodywork, possibly bushings or other suspension components). That's my plan.

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Neongreen View Post
    Thanks for that, I'll look into B and M.

I'm in Lauder in the Borders by the way, half way between Edinburgh and Galashiels.
    Just up the road from you
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Where do you take your car(s) Badwolf?

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Neongreen View Post
    Where do you take your car(s) Badwolf?
    B&M
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Ok cool, thanks. There certainly seems to be a consensus here.
    And I'm looking forward to getting rid of the run flats, I'm expecting a gain of at least 20-25 bhp ��