R98 Web Alloys - Split Bolts Spec

Car
    Cooper S Convertible
    So,

The 17" Web Alloys on our MCS are in dire need of a refurb, and on the basis since getting it in May nothing more pressing has gone wrong, we're ready to take the plunge and get them sorted. Can anyone shed any light on the type of bolts we need to rejoin the rim? The wheel place can source a set but I wouldn't mind getting my own price if I can save a bit.

So does anyone know what material, thread and length the split bolts are?

Ta,

Niall
    56' MINI Cooper S Convertible - Astro Black, 17" R98 Alloys, Cordoba Beige interior with heated seats, Chromed Scoop and Mirror Caps, Chili Pack, MFSW with Cruise Control, "Red" LED Union Jack Rear Lights and Parrott MKi9000 (fitted by me!) 2023 - Full Engine Rebuild

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    You could always take one out and measure it

- - - Updated - - -

Would imagine they're something like an M4 thread.
    Socket headed capscrew material is normally something like BS4168 HTS Gr.12.9 with the stainless version being BS970 316S16
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Dark Silver R53
    I would take a guess that they will probably be available in stainless steel (not the cheapest option) or possibly anodised in a range of colours
    The bolts are probably the same type used by bbs splitrims as I would imagine that bbs produce these wheels for BMW /mini
    If you google b1ncc autostyle you will find his Facebook page this guy does all manner of stuff for bbs alloys inc bolts
    Hope this helps
    I can vouch for him as I have had stuff from him before and would recommend him to anyone
    Cheers craig
    Last edited by craigib76; 24th July 2017 at 02:30 PM.

Car
    Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by craigib76 View Post
    I would take a guess that they will probably be available in stainless steel (not the cheapest option) or possibly anodised in a range of colours
    The bolts are probably the same type used by bbs splitrims as I would imagine that bbs produce these wheels for BMW /mini
    If you google b1ncc autostyle you will find his Facebook page this guy does all manner of stuff for bbs alloys inc bolts
    Hope this helps
    I can vouch for him as I have had stuff from him before and would recommend him to anyone
    Cheers craig
    Chris Keeton, catch him on facebook. He works in Dumfries at Ackers garage a real sound bloke

Car
    Cooper S Convertible
    After quite a bit of on and off research they're Titanium, M7 x 24.5mm and can be found here:

https://www.srrhardware.com/products/titanium-m7-24-5mm

Just need to buy 60 as I need 56 (14 per wheel).

Niall
    56' MINI Cooper S Convertible - Astro Black, 17" R98 Alloys, Cordoba Beige interior with heated seats, Chromed Scoop and Mirror Caps, Chili Pack, MFSW with Cruise Control, "Red" LED Union Jack Rear Lights and Parrott MKi9000 (fitted by me!) 2023 - Full Engine Rebuild

Car
    Cooper S Convertible
    Wow!

So we bought the car with horrifically corroded wheels. Paint flaking, paint chipped, bubbling, whiteworm in the centre caps. You name it, they had it!

Sorted the bolts as above and got new centre cap stickers from MINIgenuineparts and got the car down to Big B's in Biggar.

They've applied a shade called 'Shadow Chrome' and wow, what a difference! Matches the chrome scoop and mirror caps all the better.

Was also worth replacing bolts. I was handed the bag of old bolts on collection, the first one I picked out the bag was ever so slightly bent, clearly a tough 11 years for the wheels! Hopefully not an exercise ever to be repeated again (I'm not sure Big B's will want to split and reassemble split rims again either.....), but delighted with the result. A simple scheme on the car, black or shiney!

Perfect for a trip to the Lakes this weekend.

Look great

Have a think about a second set of wheels for winter, and also don't use too harsh a chemical to clean them - split rims seem to find it easy to corrode, and you want to keep them as they are now

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    Cooper S Convertible
    We're planning on SORNing the car every winter, which should help keep corrosion at bay for as long as possible.