Whats that Whine

After a bit of spirited driving my MCS 2007 suddenly lost power. still drivable but every time I tried to accelerate i got a fairly high pitched whine. still able to accelerate but a higher pitch the more you accelerated. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Last edited by Gasmark7; 9th July 2017 at 06:09 PM.

Boost leak?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Would that give the high pitched whine? Is it ok to drive a short distance

A boost leak won't cause any major damage. TBH if all fluids are at the correct level I'd drive it a short distance

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    F56 JCW BLACK BEAST
    A whining usually indicates a cream crackered turbo pal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh bugger. Thought it might be that. Its off to Douglas at B&M Centre today so will soon find out.

Well thats confirmed....Knackered Turbo. Anybody have any knowledge on the Hybrid turbo? Worth the extra?

Just got my R56 back from Douglas and the guys at B&M centre. Fitted a JCW turbo and various bits and pieces. Superb work. Many thanks guys.