Roof Aerials

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Hello all you Mini maniacs out there. As a recent new recruit to Mini madness (we've had our Mini One for 2 weeks now and loving every minute of it) I was wondering if anybody out there can tell me if a shorter than standard roof aerial is available. Mine catches on the garage door as it swings down and I will soon get fed up taking it off everytime it goes in the garage.
    Our Mini spec to date is:-
    Chile red,salt pack,sports seats,rear spoiler,'S'17" wheels,chrome trim and clear side repeaters.
    Great site by the way - keep up the good work - might join in the Perth run.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Wul
    Welcome Big Gordy!

Cool MINI!

Re you aerial try here: http://www.moss-mini.co.uk/ShowDetails.asp?id=211

I'm sure you can fit the shark fin type as well even if you don't have the sat nav - but don't quote me!

Resident old yin.
    You can get a Beesting aerial at http://www.buyabeesting.co.uk/

People on MINI2 have used them. Some say the reception is not quite as good as the normal one but then most people want them for looks.

Welcome BTW - another ONE - good choice.

johnlewis99
    http://www.handa-accessories.com/s2000ext.html

our club has had smashing success with the Honda S2000 short rubber antenna...it gives up nothing in reception and looks very smart on the MINI.

Sponsor & Jakey
    Welcome Big Gordy.
    I fitted a shorty 'beesting' to my MINI when I got it and I must say I've been more than happy with it. No noticeable loss in reception. I picked mine up online from Avonbar (www.avonbar.co.uk)
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Thanks lads. I've ordered the avonbar version as it's identical to the original only much shorter (190mm)
    Mods in the pipeline for the 'ONE' include airfilter (what type ???) and exhaust (probably a Magnex as I had one on my XR2 and the fit and finish is superb but I'm open to persuasion. Skint right now so they will have to wait.
    Thank again.

Gordon
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'