New IPOD Stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mikey the mini has just installed one of the Alpine units over on Mini2

Mikey does Alpine

macblob
    Cheeky bugger Gaj

Hmm interesting coments made there, hope it is good...wont be very amused otherwise

macblob
    Ohh well alpine uk holding up delivery date......7 to 10 days for delivery now as stuff is on back order grrrrrr. Suppose ill just have to wait

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Reading between the lines, the operation seems to be a bit awkward, hope it does not turn out to be the case :(

GAJ
    I reckon it will be one of these things that when you get used to it is fine! Hopefully so!

I now have an aux in fitted to my standard boost HU and it sounds darned good!

Mini Me
    mini ,now do an i-pod kit that plugs into an adaptor fitted inside the glove box,as long as you have MINI ICE(SLIM CHANCE)with boost ,your sorted,kit costs £40,labour £140.......

macblob
    Just fitted my new Alpine Headunit and Ipod interface today.
    Stuff arrived during the week having been on back order for a couple of weeks.
    So far Ive only had a chance to test it and not really played with it proparly, but so far WOW.......what a massive improvement in sound quality and volume compared to the OE Seat HU.
    Might upgrade the speakers in the new year, going to live with it for a while and see what I think.
    Pleased so far, Ipod control seems ok , but I think making playlists is the best way to use the system.
    Ipod is in the glovebox out of sight which is ideal too

mikeythemini
    Steve74 - you can change the HK head unit now, there is a HK interface available for aftermarket radios