I have to admit I'm not yet a fan of my wife's 62 plate Countryman.

She on the other hand quite likes it. She has done about 90K in this One D. Now what has happened of significance in that time.
New pads all round at 20K? wow.... I have just changed the Discs and pads at 90K and must say I'm quite impressed with the EBC USR and green stuff pads I have put on so far.
I don't think the brakes are brilliant, especially say in comparison to a 60 plate Golf. At around 60k the turbo actuator failed. Expensive lesson there just out of warranty to also be told that the turbo had to be changed as well because it was an electrically operated actuator. I've started servicing the car myself now to try and avoid being ripped off by mechanics that read Mini as BMW..... Interesting that the CBS has stayed at 2100miles now for over 10000 mile....
The latest issue she is having is the doors intermittently not opening which I have still to sort out. Surprised that Haynes doesn't have a Manual for this car yet....
Will be keeping the car for another year or so as she is used for commuting however I don't think we will be getting another one unless the quality of the build improves and that's from someone that came from Vauxhall cars.

Rob