Hi

Hybrid View

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini Countryman ONE D
    I have to admit I'm not yet a fan of my wife's 62 plate Countryman.

She on the other hand quite likes it. She has done about 90K in this One D. Now what has happened of significance in that time.
    New pads all round at 20K? wow.... I have just changed the Discs and pads at 90K and must say I'm quite impressed with the EBC USR and green stuff pads I have put on so far.
    I don't think the brakes are brilliant, especially say in comparison to a 60 plate Golf. At around 60k the turbo actuator failed. Expensive lesson there just out of warranty to also be told that the turbo had to be changed as well because it was an electrically operated actuator. I've started servicing the car myself now to try and avoid being ripped off by mechanics that read Mini as BMW..... Interesting that the CBS has stayed at 2100miles now for over 10000 mile....
    The latest issue she is having is the doors intermittently not opening which I have still to sort out. Surprised that Haynes doesn't have a Manual for this car yet....
    Will be keeping the car for another year or so as she is used for commuting however I don't think we will be getting another one unless the quality of the build improves and that's from someone that came from Vauxhall cars.

Rob

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Wel first off
    And WOW not a good start i have found witb each gen they have got better as you woukd expect !!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    R60's in the braking department are weak for such a heavy vehicle ,60 K for a fault to develop don't think that's bad TBH
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    sorry to hear your having woes with the car.... Hope you get the problems resolved asap with minimal cost

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini Countryman ONE D
    Thanks for the welcome. I'd have thought a major engine fault at 60K was a bit too soon somehow on any car these days.
    Forgot to add to the list the ARB bushes at the rear nicely worn and allowing the noise to interfere with even the stereo...bad!
    Powerflex fitted in their now so sorted.

Welcome!

I agree, that is far too low a mileage to suffer engine problems such as that. Sadly that is not uncommon in complex modern engines, especially diesels. Far too complex and too much to potentially go wrong IMO - the technology to try and reduce emissions and consumption in the short term is only liable to cause problems in the long term, and won't be cheap to fix; especially when it's out of the capabilities of your local mechanic and you have to go to BMW and pay £££

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs