Mini2 Charity Ball - Auction and Fundraising

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    What about Martins idea on the r/c mini thread:I It would certainly be different :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Wul
    Sounds smashin to me! It could be decalled with MINI2 and NMS livery too!

quote:Originally posted by Wul

Sounds smashin to me! It could be decalled with MINI2 and NMS livery too!
    Yeah wonder if John at Apex could do us some mini MINI decals - that would be cool :)

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    To be honest the stickers are going to be the hardest part about a 'special' build 8) We've made up some before but found they were not waterproof and all smudged as soon as we tried to clean the shell:I John might be able to help out here though they have to be suitable for plastic though or the shell might 'melt':approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Well J man's stickers stick to the ootside of MINIs on this site and haven't came off, even when buffed as often as wul buffs. :)

Julz
    Wa-hey, you're all still alive!

Big C - that's no excuse!

I will be bringing the collection tin (baked beans and tomato sauce rinsed out) with me on every run between now and the event!:approve:

The idea of a 'special' rc car sounds great, something a bit special!

As for hassling dealers, not sure if there are any special, kind and generous ones out there willing to show that they are more special than the next one by providing something wonderful to be auctioned to help the poor kiddies!:(

Julz, how about setting a paypal account up - for charitable donations and also for making donations to the rc car idea if people think it is a good one.

Julz
    I'll look into that!!

Wul
    quote:Originally posted by Julz
    As for hassling dealers, not sure if there are any special, kind and generous ones out there willing to show that they are more special than the next one by providing something wonderful to be auctioned to help the poor kiddies!:(
    Julz - of course they will only read this if they enter the thread - the title of which probably scares them off in the first place! Perhaps a similarly worded email to all the "known" dealers on the site and a specific thread just for them might spur them to a bitof "my dealerships better than yours" kinda banter!!

Julz
    I was actually thinking of threats at knife point!!