Mini2 Charity Ball - Auction and Fundraising

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Julz
    Right folks, time to get hands in pockets or thinking caps on!:sleepy:

The whole point of the evening, besides the consumption of vast quantities of Irn-Bru, is to raise cash for Whizz-Kidz and Woodlands School in Middlesex (a school for kids with mental and physical disabilities who are badly in need of a new mini bus!)

On the night of the Charity Ball (Feb 26th) there is to be an auction consisting of 20 or so big items that will hopefully pull in loadsa money, so if any of you have any bright ideas of items that could be auctioned, feel free to steal, donate etc...

Besides the auction, there are a number of other fundraising events going on (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73741) so to prove that Scots aren't as tight as everyone says we are, who's for donating some cash?? I'll be hassling you all on every run between now and February, so be warned those of you who attend regulary!!

Also, any fundraising ideas would be greatly appreciated

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    mmm! this is Aberdeen on a flag day!!

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    kint it fine. Aiberdeen on a flag day. Fit did a tell yis!

Julz
    Tell me about it, it's like trying to get money out of a bunch of tight-fisted Scots... oh, hang on.....

Julz
    Come on folks, a bit of enthusiasm please!!:(

Even if anyone can suggest anywhere I can mooch some freebies as we might be organising a wee auction via ebay for all the smaller things!

OR, you could always come along!! So far I've figured out the cheapest and quickest mode of travel costs £100 return for two adults!! That's not too bad really and it's still 4 months away!

Plus, don't be put off by the whole 'Ball' thing, it's formal dress, that's all, there ain't much else formal about it.....

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    quick - hide 'abody, its a collection tin!

Julz
    No need to worry Sheilz, doesn't look like anybody's bothering anyway!!:mad::disapprove:

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    I'm sorry Julz. I just don't have any ideas. I also give to charity every month as it is and can't afford to give to every charity. I'm sorry. :(

Wul
    Hey Julz - have you tried rattling the tin in the faces of the Mini Dealers on the site? perhaps they could stump up some mats, mudflaps or a MINI Spa voucher etc.

How about some of us chipping in and getting Big Gordy and Maxxed Ross to produce a "special" remote control Mini and auctioning it on ebay or on the night of the ball????