Clicking/ticking noise when driving

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini cooper 2005
    Hi im newbie on here,

I have a 2005 mini cooper 1.6

I am hearing a weird clicking/ticking noise when i drive down the road, the noise gets faster the faster i go
    It seems to be coming from the passenger front wheel area
    I have read on various web sites and forums it could be various small jobs,
    so started to change some parts to solve the issue
    so far i have replaced:

Brake pads and discs all round
    All wheel bearings/hubs front and rear
    Front Drop links
    All the shock absorbers
    Near side drive shaft
    Replaced transmission fluid

Each time after changing parts the noise is still pressent when taking on a drive

I am begining To think it may be coming from the gearbox has anyone encounted such a thing before and advise what the cause could be or remedy for this noise

Thanks in advance
    Brian

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Dark Silver R53
    Could be the cv joint on the offside (drivers)

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Does the noise get worse when turning
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini cooper 2005
    no noise doesn't get worse when turning badwolf340
    i could replace the drivers cv joint but sounds more like it is coming from passenger side to be honest craiglb76

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Dark Silver R53
    If it's coming from the pass side it could be the timing chain tensioner

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Unlikely to be the CV joint ,after all you have changed most likely then the gearbox
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini cooper 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by craigib76 View Post
    If it's coming from the pass side it could be the timing chain tensioner
    doesn't sound like a timing issue as its only there when driving , engine sounds fine when idling and revving in nuetral
    have ordered a driver side driveshaft will install that and see if that gets rid of this annoying sound

if its reving without issue then its rotational,,,,,work it back from wheel to block,,,,,hard lock and reverse will click loud for cv joint,,and you will feel through the steering,,there is only a few things that turn round ,,,wheel,,disc,hub,bearing,drive shaft ,,jack it up,axel stand both sides and turn wheels ,,,with yer hands ,step by step eliminate the good bits

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini cooper 2005
    i took off the driveshaft and now have a new problem, the new driveshaft didn't come with centre support included, so started to remove from old shaft ,but typical 2 min job has taken forever to accomplish, after removing cir-clip and giving a few gentle taps with a hammer the support wouldn't budge at all so took to battering it with a bigger hammer and even tried heat to remove, eventually it come off the shaft but it took the bearing with it, and after trying for ages to get bearing out i have managed to break part of the support off where the cir-clip fits in.

does anyone know where i can get a new support i have checked realoem.com and there is no part number or listing for it so don't know if bmw/mini will sell these separate from the driveshaft, have checked the internet and can't find one anywhere

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Dark Silver R53
    I think I would take the shaft back and ask them to check and see if they have the correct 1 as I am pretty sure it should have come with it