Clicking/ticking noise when driving

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini cooper 2005
    I got the bearing out and got carrier bracket onto new shaft ( but has no circlip installed ) but did take heat and some light taps with the hammer as it was a really tight fit but the noise seems to be still there

Advice for others i phoned mini dealler and they informed me they dont sell this part only comes as part of the driveshaft

Thanks for all the help and advice
    Last edited by Surgy2; 5th June 2017 at 10:43 PM.

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini cooper 2005
    eventually got the driveshaft onto the car , noise is still present so I'm guessing it is within the gearbox, think it is a diff bearing maybe ,
    has anyone had any experience at stripping a gear box down and rebuilding it ,any tips they can give , i have seen rebuild kits on the net

The gearbox is a getrag 5 speed incase anyone has and tips

a job for another day
    Last edited by Surgy2; 6th June 2017 at 04:02 PM.

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini cooper 2005
    An update took gearbox off today and split it open

Inside i found that i was really lucky as my diff bolts were all loose and one had sheered but was still in place could of been alot worse if it had came out and was loose in gearbox.

Anyone recommend what thread lock to use on these bolts as they are in with loads of gear oil

Thanks