So having a 'toy' car is a new thing for us and never had to store a car before.

Our plan is to Tax the MCS for 6 months at a time and SORN it over winter to keep the worst of the weather off it. I've done some reading and there is a bit of conflicting advice, we'll have to put it under a cover as we don't have access to a usable garage (well for car storage anyway).

My general thoughts are:

1. Super thorough wash and polish before 'bedtime'
  2. Chock it (Handbrake Off)
  3. Tyres to 50 Psi
  4. Disconnect Battery
  5. Super weatherproof, breathable, fitted and soft lined car cover.
  6. Leave it full of fuel with a shot of stabiliser
  7. Start collecting silica gel sachets to leave in the interior over winter
  8. Leave note on Steering Wheel of all that needs undone before driving off in Spring

Some sources say you don't need to overinflate modern radials, some sources say half a tank is better as you can top it up with fresh, others say full so there's less air in there to make the fuel go off in the first place.

As the battery is in the boot, once disconnected can I power the car off the jump start points round front? Otherwise how do I open the boot again when it's an electric actuated latch? Not planning on trickle charging the battery all winter either, simply disconnecting it.

As a car with modern oils do I really need to change the Oil every year for something like 3-4,000 miles driving max per year?

Has anyone on here stored cars on their drive before and have any real world tips, advice and don't do's?

We want to cherish this car for years and years to come so don't want to get this wrong! (but we're not moving house for a bigger garage!)

Thanks for your help.

Niall