Induction kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Looking for advice which induction kit aem or alta think the aem would give the most gain

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    A very emotive subject and the people that have a certain brand will tell that their CAI is the best ,we always fitted Alta sound great and like other brands won't give you massive gains ,unfortunately you pays your money and take your choice but whatever one you go with you will enjoy and the Alta will give you more noise which is addictive
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I've always went with Alta. Sounds and looks great. None give any real gain
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Well i will put my 2p worth in.
    I had the AEM as went for the performace side and regreted it should have gone alta if only for the noise as i not sure the AEM added any thing for a lot of money for the fit but i do like the fact it used the scoop for a direct cool air feed to the filter.

New sig coming soon

Sounds like the Alta is the one

Car
    R56 Cooper S hatch
    Does it genuinely make a real noticeable difference to the sound?

I'm still disappointed with the standard sound of my R56 and still (I know, still....) debating buying a JCW rear section. But I wonder if my pennies would be better spent on an induction system like this. I know it'll change the sound in a different way but I care more about how it sounds to me inside the car than to others on the outside. Would the Alta make more sense for me than a JCW exhaust? Unfortunately I'm struggling to justify either let alone buying both.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    I have fitted the aem intake to both of my R56s to me I feel no difference with the power or throttle response I had my last r56 dynod with aem intake and a decat and it made 200bhp and the claimed increase of the decat and intake together was meant to be in the 25-30bhp range so the car did make the claimed gain. I personally prefer the look of the aem with the bonnet open but the quality is pretty poor for the cost I've replaced the clips that hold the funnel 3 times and I'm. Going to. Have to replace the foam gasket on the open airbox

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    I like how clean it looks I do also need to have the heat shield powder coated as the coating has staining on it from I presume some snowfoam or soap dripping from the bonnet scoop and it boiling off

Has anyone measured IATs for the AEM? Would be interesting to know if the cold air feed made a measurable difference

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by a11y View Post
    Does it genuinely make a real noticeable difference to the sound?
    My Alta intake has had a positive influence in the sound-effects department. From inside you can hear a fairly prominent 'intake of breath' when you apply the throttle, and an obvious "Pssshhhh" when you lift off. Like others have said, if you're looking for real power gains, intake kits won't do it, but it hasn't had a detrimental effect on my power output and makes it more 'interesting' to drive.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!