So, in somewhat 'what are the chances' circumstances we now own our very own MCS Convertible (R52).

We originally hired it as our wedding car from Eastern BMW, Edinburgh in Sept '06 and by complete fluke saw it on Autotrader last week, south of Sheffield! Despite not being the time for buying a third car solely for fun, we had to have it!

It is now ours and will be driven daily whilst testing the dealers warranty, before storing over winter under a Stormforce cover (I think - hints and tips, please?). It's a lovely loaded MCS in Metallic Black with the 'Web' split alloys, cruise control, Xenons and the Cordoba Beige leather interior. The long term plan is to keep it for high days and holidays and as OEM as possible as a (IMHO) future classic.

Seems good mechanically, the super charger still sings like I remember and makes the kids laugh their heads off as we disappear down a country lane at speed with the roof down!

Generally in pretty good nick for an 10.5 yo car though there are a few to do's:

1 - Fix Passenger seat Tilt & Slide with a bicycle brake cable (as per instructions on MINI2)
2 - Refurb split alloys
3 - Touch up paint chips
4 - Tackle small bits of corner rust on the Tailgate before it gets any worse. (Looks like it's been rubbing on the boot seal)
5 - Get a 2nd key made up and coded to the car (Provisionally sorted via the B&M Centre)

Then there's a question I hope you can help with. The only non-OEM part seems to be a grubby iPhone/iPod connecter in the glove box that disappears through a hole in the side towards the stereo. What's the best way to get a discrete USB socket for MP3s (we don't have an Apple device in the house) AND Bluetooth enabled (whilst keeping the Boost stereo)? We have the buttons on the steering wheel but no BT that my phone could find. Would want the mic hidden away in the OEM location (I'm guessing amongst the switches and lights by the rear view mirror?). What are my options? The internet has been a bit lacking on a clear answer so far.

Already planning a wee road trip for the family on Saturday and a visit to MINI Mania at Knockhill on Sunday!

Maybe see you there?

Niall