Exhaust advice

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    2014 BMW X5 Msport & 2003 JCW R53
    I've recently just fitted a 4branch manifold and centre section delete to my R53 JCW. So it only has the 2 standard back boxes. Unfortunately it sounds like a cross between an angry bee stuck in a biscuit tin and one of those daft hondas with a huge back box that makes loads of noise, but generally doesn't go anywhere. Can anyone recommend a stainless exhaust brand? Don't mind if it's a bit loud but don't like the high pitched rasp that's coming off it just now. Thanks in advance

The centre section delete does make a difference to the sound - I've got that, a Janspeed manifold and JCW exhaust and I'm happy with the sound and performance.

Most aftermarket exhausts will be the whole thing from catalyst back, so if you're buying a new one you've potentially wasted your time taking the resonator out.

Playmini, Milltek, Borla & Larini have been the most popular R53 exhausts over the years. Take a look at Playmini and Milltek IMO if you're set on getting rid of the JCW.

Lots of clips on YouTube to see what you think about the sound

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I've got a Playmini exhaust with non resonated front pipe, Janspeed Manifold with a std cat and I think it sounds great... not sure where you are but your welcome to listen to it if that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    2017 F56 JCW & 2016 R60
    Milltek, resonated. Great sound and subtle pops and bangs.
    2017 F56 JCW Cooper S
    2016 R60 All4 Cooper S: All boxes ticked.

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I have a Milltek and it does sound awesome.

It has a deeper tone than the OEM I used to have and the pops and burbles it gives out are amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk