Heavyish clutch

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini Cooper S R53
    Hey guys,

Just a quick question, I'm feeling a lot better today, and I will get some photos up soon!

My cousin popped round today, and he knows a good little bit about cars.

He thinks I bought a good example for the age of the car, being 11 years..

The only thing was the clutch was a little heavy, not slipping at high or low speeds etc and bitting point wasnt really low..

I just wanted to ask if the Mini Cooper s's in general have a clutch that isn't the lightest?

Or does this sound like a major thing giving off alarm bells?

Cheers guys!

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Not an alarm bell ringing moment as R5X variants have not the lightest clutch in the world but if you did replace it ,it would feel lighter
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    R53s don't have the lightest of clutches in the first place. Replacing it will make it a little lighter but will still be heavy.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini Cooper S R53
    Great, thanks guys!

Again, sorry I couldn't make it today, but will wash the car tomorrow and then some photos up!

Clutch release bearing can go on them, could be related.

But as replacing the clutch is a gearbox-out job, I'd persevere with it

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    2017 F56 JCW & 2016 R60
    My clutch lasted 14 years and I only replaced it because it got very heavy (as opposed to just heavy). The replacement lasted about 2 weeks as the release bearing snapped. If the release bearing goes, it will be difficult to engage gears let alone the clutch being heavy. So far the 3rd one is working fine and the clutch is lighter.
    2017 F56 JCW Cooper S
    2016 R60 All4 Cooper S: All boxes ticked.