Parking for a gig at the Hydro

Want More BHP!
    Car
    R55 Clubman JCW
    Ok guys, looking for some help with parking at the SSE Hydro, as I've never been before.

Got a gig there next week, and I'll be coming back up the road with my kids - school/work the following day - don't fancy sitting in queues before we get on the road. Any tips greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by mikeswagon; 13th April 2017 at 01:43 PM.

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    I've only parked in the multi storey at the Hydro once and it was a pain to get out off, in fairness though it was quite new at that time so it might be better now.

It used to be possible to park over at the science centre as well and take a short walk across the footbridge, but it's been a while since I've done that as well! It was nice and quick to get onto the motorway from there though via Ibrox.

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    I'd agree that if you are gonna use the multi story then do get there early & get parked on a low'ish level. We once took over half an hour to get out after parking higher up, the queues are meh!

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Want More BHP!
    Car
    R55 Clubman JCW
    Thanks guys, much appreciated.

The only snag I can see with that is finding an "opportune" space on the ground floor.... I normally only use parks I know up here, where there's special spaces that nobody parks beside me. Will try my hardest to park next to another Mini in this case.

Park on a street in Finnieston - e.g. Minerva Way or St Vincent Crescent. Use the elevated walkway that takes you to the station. Means parking is free (important for Teuchters ) and you rejoin the M8 at Charing X on the way home, by which point the traffic is moving fine

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeswagon View Post
    Who you calling a teuchter??? Thanks Gordon, I'll look into those options, and I'll have 3 little navigators in the car to help.

Cheers, that's the kind of info needed.
    I'm with Gordon on this...its free to park in the street after 6pm.....I can usually get parked round the corner from McDonalds or down one of the streets next to the car garages then it a short walk over the covered footbridge to the Hydro. ?You'll enjoy the Hydro its a great venue
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Want More BHP!
    Car
    R55 Clubman JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    I'm with Gordon on this...its free to park in the street after 6pm.....I can usually get parked round the corner from McDonalds or down one of the streets next to the car garages then it a short walk over the covered footbridge to the Hydro. ?You'll enjoy the Hydro its a great venue
    Thanks Gordy, car garages???? That's me sorted.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeswagon View Post
    Thanks Gordy, car garages???? That's me sorted.
    Don't get too excited.....they're nothing special....
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'