Black vinyl trim damage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    Fiesta ST Edition
    Hi Bryce, looking for a bit of advice. I was commuting to work yesterday after noon and was cut up at a roundabout and had to take evasive action. I didn't hit the car in front but my passengers side has scrapes on the black plastic wheel arches and lower trim. I also have marking on the paintwork but that should polish out hopefully. Is there anything you recommend to put on the black trim? Thanks Alistair.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Car
    Fiesta ST Edition
    I hat some traffic cones and a sign

I think you need a new skirt, I don't think that will be able to be improved that much. Sorry

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    Fiesta ST Edition
    It's the full black trim on the passenger's side

I think you may be able to improve the appearance of the arch, but the scrapes in the skirt look too deep

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    Fiesta ST Edition
    Yeah, i see what you mean. Thanks. Will have a look on eBay for done trim

Under Investigation
    Car
    JCW Clubbie :)
    Ok, Two things to try.

1. Solution Finish - This may help to darken the white spots and give the panel a uniformity. I would recommend buying enough to cover all the bumper trim. Repeated application once the product has worn slightly may be required to keep it hidden.

2. You could try a black dye. Again this would involve doing all the trims around the vehicle to achieve uniformity, I have little to no experience here but have known it to be done.

These are relatively cheap options that are maybe worth trying before replacing the panels but failing that, they wound need to be replaced.

Do you have a picture of the scratch/scuff also? May be able to help there.

Car
    Fiesta ST Edition
    Thanks for your suggestions Bryce.

Here is a link to all the pictures i took yesterday, after I had washed and dried the car

https://goo.gl/photos/obiMZP6rSdhGqRMj8

Under Investigation
    Car
    JCW Clubbie :)
    Try Solution Finish on the plastics. I can't tell what condition the paint is in but, with any collision damage it's worthwhile first trying a body solvent such as tar and glue remover to see how much of the damage is just paint or rubber transfer.
    Last edited by Bryce; 30th March 2017 at 11:27 AM.

Car
    Fiesta ST Edition
    thanks will do