upgrading as my old bones cant cope

Hi Folks

As some of you know I use the Mini for my driving school.

I am thinking of upgrading to the F56 model.

I have taught in each generation of Mini and found the R56 a big improvement over the early car.

i can spend up to an eye watering 50 + hrs per week inside the car, 35-40 in the passenger seat.....I can not live with the R56 much longer and am looking at the VW Golf as it offers a smoother ride. The seat in the Mini is lovely and supportive but there s no give in the suspension.

Can anyone let me know what the ride is like is in F56 Cooper D in real world terms. any input would be much appreciated as my old bones are crying out for a gentler life.

Thank you in advance.
    SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT ??

i could cope with a clubman but i tend to buy a 2-3 yr old car as Learners drivers are not the kindest to cars, using a £20k car is not too wise.

We have the F56 Cooper D.

We all find it really comfy. Great on fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheers folk. feedback elsewhere online seems to be, the comfort is night and day the difference.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Why not speak with a dealer and see if you can get a 24h or 48h test drive ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Waiting to hear back about this very question. Also looking at Inverness and Aberdeen Mini to see who can make the best offer.

Car
    R56 Cooper S hatch
    Tried small wheels and non-RFTs? I've swapped from 17" RFT to 16" non-RFT on my R56 and the ride quality has improved quite a bit. I can't go smaller than 16" due to brake size but 15" would give more cushioning.

I might be wrong but is the MINI part of the appeal for many learners? Not for all obviously but certainly I imagine some folk would love to learn in a MINI. My dad used a mk2 then a mk3 Clio for his driving school car. Still going strong at 80k miles after recently retired, I didn't expect a Renault to take that use as easily as it has!