Double din conversion R56

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Car
    MINI Cooper S Convertible R52
    Ok guys, so I'm seriously thinking about going down the double din conversion route with my Cooper. I've found the kit but it states on all the ones I've found that the kit only fits the auto climate control models, not manual a/c.
    Looking at the air con/ fan controls, both look the same size? Not really sure what would stop it fitting so wondering if anyone here has done this mod.

Any info appreciated guys!

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    If it's manual a/c it needs to be moved down to accommodate the bigger head unit. I was gonna have one in GP1499 but decided against it when I found how much work was involved.
    Plus I personally find that they are too low in a MINI to get a good look at the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want More BHP!
    Car
    GP
    we have updated the head unit in the 56 got a local garage to do it Alpine single din with the storage tray , new surround fully fitted £400

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    If it's manual a/c it needs to be moved down to accommodate the bigger head unit. I was gonna have one in GP1499 but decided against it when I found how much work was involved.
    Plus I personally find that they are too low in a MINI to get a good look at the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmm, it would be quite low down. So I take it because the manaul ac has to move down it won't line up with the holes in the replacement centre console trim?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by c9aan View Post
    we have updated the head unit in the 56 got a local garage to do it Alpine single din with the storage tray , new surround fully fitted £400
    Any pics C9aan? And you got the name of the company? Is a hella lot of work involved so might be a better option to get a company to do it!

Want More BHP!
    Car
    GP
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170305_123024.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	6877Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170305_123024.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	6877hope this helps

Car
    Thanks for the pic mate. Does the display on your speedo still work (for the trip computer etc)? Or is that done away with? Any more pics?

Want More BHP!
    Car
    GP
    no it doesn't work its one of the negatives of this fit. My other r56 has the updated stereo ie it has a usb port fitted as standard

Car
    Ahh, that was my other option, fitting an OEM unit from a USB equipped model but can't find one anywhere. I heard even that isn't straightforward either! So wondering where the company that did yours got the conversion kit, as I've not seen any for non climate control models.

Want More BHP!
    Car
    GP
    The company are on great western road in Glasgow
    that's all I can remember but a quick google search should find them

Car
    Thanks bud!