Best suspension / coilovers for road use

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I personally think the "drip modding" is the best option. You get to feel how each single mod actually effects the car and it also helps lower the chances of them being detected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    I personally think the "drip modding" is the best option. You get to feel how each single mod actually effects the car and it also helps lower the chances of them being detected.

I agree with this normally - but when it comes to the suspension, the new dampers won't work at their best if there's tired parts elsewhere; also you don't want to pay for labour twice - when you've got the subframe etc off, you might as well do everything when you're there

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Group buy on MT at the moment on the new MeisterR ZetaCRD+ at £660.

Any experience here? It seems there were issues with knocking, but fixed now.

It appears their ride height adjustment is in the body of the shock, rather than compressing the spring. Is this better than compressing the spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jdl_1967 View Post

It appears their ride height adjustment is in the body of the shock, rather than compressing the spring. Is this better than compressing the spring?

Absolutely - as you compress the spring, you lose travel and make it stiffer

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    R53 heavy moded

I have a set sitting awiting to go on to mine when i get chance !!! They take not a bed name and full ajustabuilty so happy with that !!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    I have a set sitting awiting to go on to mine when i get chance !!! They take not a bed name and full ajustabuilty so happy with that !!

Thanks Rob, trying to find what their ride height adjustment is, but really struggling. Do you have any idea please?

Because of my clown car 15" wheel / tyre combo which has already lowered my car 20mm, I'm looking for the ability to keep the ride height as near to standard as possible.

Also, does their finish appear Scottish winter proof against the high levels of salt we use on our roads?

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Thanks Rob, trying to find what their ride height adjustment is, but really struggling. Do you have any idea please?

Because of my clown car 15" wheel / tyre combo which has already lowered my car 20mm, I'm looking for the ability to keep the ride height as near to standard as possible.

Also, does their finish appear Scottish winter proof against the high levels of salt we use on our roads?

I will take a few pics for you 2morow when back at work 👍

New sig coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    I will take a few pics for you 2morow when back at work

Thank you

I've put Eibach Pro springs on my R53 with healthy standard shocks and they're very good. Much comfier and smoother than the JCW set up on my JCW, and with decent tyres more than adequate for some spirited driving up the back roads.

I'm sure when I measured the ride heights to compare, the fronts were the same, but the Eibachs sit 5mm lower at the back, so you loose a little bit of rake, but the car still feels and handles much better.

I picked the springs up for £45 second hand.

There's a set of JCW new rear springs on eBay just now I think.

Thanks, looking now