Best suspension / coilovers for road use

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    I'm looking for advice on the best suspension / coilovers for road use please?

I really don't want the car lowered at all, but that seems to only leave the option of uprated shocks with standard springs as all coilover and replacement suspension kits all seem to lower by the minimum of 15mm (Ohlins DFV coilovers), most by 20mm. I think even a 15mm drop would see me dragging the undercarriage everywhere. I run 195/50/15 which lowers the car considerably already even on standard suspension.

Thoughts and reviews of setups greatly appreciated.

Cheers

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by jdl_1967; 4th March 2017 at 06:22 PM.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    John, I have this setup ....

https://www2.bilstein.com/en/product...n-b12-pro-kit/

No adjustment but that's what I wanted and it's transformed the car. It handles amazingly now . Your welcome to have a run in the car if you want. Very compliant over rougher roads and sticks to the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 15mm drop over standard shouldn't be too bad - the JCW suspension (same as the GP) for the R53 gave a 10mm drop, and I had no issues with that.

It was actually pretty decent, a lot less harsh than stock, but didn't offer any adjustability; and I doubt you'll find it anywhere, new anyway.

APs, and KW seem to get a good name for comfort

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    JCW suspension:
    http://www.minigenuineparts.co.uk/in...0-308-862.html

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    JCW springs:
    http://www.minigenuineparts.co.uk/in...6-782-728.html

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I found the above whilst trawling t'internet this morning for something completely unrelated.

I didn't think stock would still exist!

Not cheap though, coils can be had for less allowing you to spend the savings on droplinks, bushes etc

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    I found the above whilst trawling t'internet this morning for something completely unrelated.

Fabulous thanks, not bothered about adjustability, I'd only mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    A 15mm drop over standard shouldn't be too bad - the JCW suspension (same as the GP) for the R53 gave a 10mm drop, and I had no issues with that.

It was actually pretty decent, a lot less harsh than stock, but didn't offer any adjustability; and I doubt you'll find it anywhere, new anyway.

APs, and KW seem to get a good name for comfort
    Thanks for that, do you run coilovers now or still JCW?

Quote Originally Posted by jdl_1967 View Post
    Thanks for that, do you run coilovers now or still JCW?

I changed to Meister R about 5 years ago I think it was - definitely a bit stiffer, but much more control over camber etc.

You can spend more, you can get comfier coils, but I'm happy with them

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk