Larger intercooler with the aero bodykit.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Just wondered if anyone had fitted a larger intercooler to an r56 with the aero kit. I had the intercooler fitted to my last mini with the jcw kit and it fit no problem but im not prepared to cut the bumper just to make it fit. Thanks.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I know they fit under the Standard S bumper but think a bit of the lower grill needs to be shaved off. I have no idea about the aero bumper but would imagine it would be the same.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Want More BHP!
    Car
    GP
    I have a forge on my r56 and your right the bumper doesn't fit right now

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    I think ill just leave it for now. The plan is to eventually get the jcw bumpers so i will get it back on eventually

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    You didn't say which make of intercooler, mine is Forge, and as William said, on the standard S bumper you trim the lower grille as instructed and it fits fine. Shouldn't have thought it'd be that different on the JCW bumper, because if it didn't fit JCWs, the manufacturer would've ruled out a large market segment. I've certainly seen factory JCWs with the Forge setup. Biggest/daftest problem I had was sometime later when I decided to finally fit my 'Works' badge to the front grille and we had to take the bumper off as there was literally no space for fingers between the 'Cooler and the grille... Oh well, that's the price of vanity! Hope you find a solution, as you know it's a worthwhile mod.
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 7th February 2017 at 11:25 AM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Sorry probably shpuld have said. Its an airtec intercooler. I didnt have to trim the bumper but i had a non genuine jcw badge on the grill and i had to shorten the bolts. But otherwise fitted perfectly.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Also folks Marks car has the Factory aero kit not the JCW aerokit
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Why not try it 👍😉 you can be test monkey Mark 😜😉😉😉

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stoney; 7th February 2017 at 03:33 PM.
    New sig coming soon

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    Also folks Marks car has the Factory aero kit not the JCW aerokit
    Ahaaaaa. Beyond my experience then! Good luck anyway.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!