Hello and options dilemmas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi,

New here and looking at potential Mini 5 door Cooper Automatic (I'm very lazy!) purchase. As the wife and daughter have convinced me that are previous cars have been a bit boring.

Getting bogged down in what extras to go for as I love gadgets. I definitely want Pepper pack & roof rails (for holidays),

I'm really tempted by Driving Modes, Rear Parking Sensor and the Central Armrest seems really useful too for storage. But the cost definitely starts adding up!

Also does anyone know if auto box on the Cooper come with paddle shifters - I think from researching this is just on the S and up?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers!

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Personally if it was me I would go for the LED headlights first over parking sensors anyway. The other thing I would def have is HUD or gauges ... I'm not too fussed about a centre arm rest either I always find it gets in the way unless you're doing a lot of miles and then it comes in handy just for leaning on. I didn't have any options on mine being a pre reg car but the I'd have liked the driving modes if only for something different.
    This is what makes all MINIs individual the choices that everyone makes ... and that's before even choosing the colour or wheels lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

I can't get excited enough about the LED headlight to make it worth 670 more £s of an ever increasing price. Though it might make driving in the dark more fun.

I'm going to have to look more into the HUD, though, hadn't really thought about that!

Shame nearly all this can't be added later.

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    TBH the headlights are literally like night and day and IMO are worth the money any day of the week given the winters we have.
    I'm a big fan of the HUD and would buy a car with one over one without next time although I do have the stand alone unit in mine. HUD isn't too expensive neither are the gauges.
    I don't see the need for parking sensors ... which is the nightmare when it comes to asking folk what they'd like/have on a car !
    Get a full list of the extras and way up the costs against how much you'll use them.

You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    The LED lights are a must IMO and make a huge difference. The armrest in the F56 gets in the way on any manual or auto F56 I have driven.

Options are always a personal choice as whah one person wants will be another last choice. Best to play with the configuration tool on the MINI website
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    The LED lights are a must IMO and make a huge difference.
    No issues with people flashing you for thinking you have full beams on? As they look very bright and some drivers don't really give you benefit of the doubt!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EcosseGP View Post
    HUD isn't too expensive neither are the gauges.
    What option is the gauges? Still getting my head round all the options on the mini car config.

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    I've got the HUD on mine and love it, aside from the exhaust it's probably my favourite thing about the car.

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by donnerbono View Post
    No issues with people flashing you for thinking you have full beams on? As they look very bright and some drivers don't really give you benefit of the doubt!
    Every now and again you'll get a flash, but no more than my last MINI that had xenons.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalLemming View Post
    Every now and again you'll get a flash, but no more than my last MINI that had xenons.
    I think I'm outnumbered and been reading that the standard lights are pretty poor too. So Led lights are on the list now. Rear parking off, centre rest probably off (will double check in showroom)

If only I didn't want an auto box and roof rails - then I could just take someone else's configuration and drive it away!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    The armrest in the F56 gets in the way on any manual or auto F56 I have driven.
    Is this also after moving the front of armrest to be angled down?

Car
    F54 Clubman Cooper S Auto
    I spent a lot on extras when I specked up my F54. It got a bit frightening really. I started with the chilli pack, media pack and comfort pack with a few other bits but my favourites are the HUD, LEDs and the 8 speed auto + box. The HUD linked to the sat nav is fantastic, the LEDs are amazing and the auto box is just a dream bit of kit.
    David