Alloy Upgrade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    L Plates
    Car
    2014 F56 Chilli Red, Black Bonnet Strips, Black Roof, Black Alloys, JCW Bluetooth Exhaust, 260bhp
    Hi Everyone, looking to upgrade my F56 Cooper with JCW calipers. I'm aware that my standard 16" wheels wont fit, does anyone have any 17" or 18" alloy suggestions as I don't want to fit the JCW ones.

Thanks
    Kev

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Kev, Davy has Speedlines fitted to his car which seems to be a popular choice for F56 owners with JCW brakes. There isn't a huge amount of wheels out there for the F56 even less so with JCW brakes
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

L Plates
    Car
    2014 F56 Chilli Red, Black Bonnet Strips, Black Roof, Black Alloys, JCW Bluetooth Exhaust, 260bhp
    Thanks for the quick response.

That's the exact problem I'm having, I want to fit something out with the norm but having problems due to the brakes. I may have to have a rethink on the brakes.

I take a look at the Speedlines!

Cheers!

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    It's a total nightmare to get a decent set of alloys to fit over the JCW brakes. You're very limited for clearance on them. I've had a look at a number of different makes and models but on contacting them the company have said that they'll not fit over the brake callipers. What sort of wheel are you looking for ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

L Plates
    Car
    Thanks for getting back to me.

Not sure what to buy yet, I'm still looking around, I wanted something slightly unusual.

It's time for a new upgrade, I got the JCW Bluetooth exhaust system fitted last year, my next mod was to be the breaks and wheels as I still have the standard 16" fitted.

I thought it would be simple, get the JCW brakes fitted an buy separate alloys to fit, yea it's not as easy as I thought. To be honest, I'm not actually sure how good they are compared to others out there out there.

What did you end up with?

Kev

Car
    F54 and F56
    Kev i presume from your post that you've already carried out the BBK upgrade. If not please read my build thread as you've got a few things to consider when doing it and the alloy wheels are one of those things. It's not a cheap job and tbh all you need to do is swap the front callipers as the rears are the same just painted. I put on the Speedlines but had to get them machined to fit although Speedline now supply them to fit over the callipers.

You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

L Plates
    Car
    No I've not carried out the BBK upgrade. I'll go take a look at your thread.

Mini Aberdeen have quoted me £3,500 for the 2 JCW packages, wheels and brakes. Just a slight saving than if I were to buy both packages separately.

Thanks!

Car
    F54 and F56
    Firstly have a look at my thread as there are issues with it.
    If you've not carried it out and you're not needing it for anything other than looks then don't bother. Save your money.
    I love the look of the BBK that the reason I've done it on the past few cars, but it doesn't bring anything to the car and adds a shed load of weight.
    The rear brakes are identical other than the JCW one being painted so take off your old ones and just get them powder coated it'll be a lot cheaper.
    £3500 ? No way ... I was nowhere near that for the conversion and wheels.
    As I've said have a look at my thread before committing to anything ... if you need any other info just ask away.

L Plates
    Car
    Yet again, NMS is the best place for help.

Defo glad I joined, thanks for all the help, you've given me plenty to think about. Will let you know how I get on.

If I'm not working this weekend I'm hoping to make it to Harry Fairburns, would be great to meet some of you guys.

Speak Soon.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitlike View Post
    Yet again, NMS is the best place for help.

Defo glad I joined, thanks for all the help, you've given me plenty to think about. Will let you know how I get on.

If I'm not working this weekend I'm hoping to make it to Harry Fairburns, would be great to meet some of you guys.

Speak Soon.

Pleased we could help. Hopefully see you at the weekend
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz