Phone holder for an R56?

Car
    R56 Cooper S hatch
    What phone holders are folk using in their MINIs?

I was about to order a Brodit mount but concerned about location (as well as the cost...). It’ll only be used for occasional nav purposes only, and with the Brodit mounting at the far/passenger side of the central speedo I feel is could be quite far from line of sight. Googling suggests some folk are using the Kenu Airframe mount but I’ve never had success with vent-mounted holders in the past so am a bit apprehensive.

I also found an older thread on here where CD Slot Mounts were mentioned, but I thought those might obscure the radio buttons below the speedo?

So any recommendations?

I don’t mind spending the £40 on the Brodit if it’s the best solution, but if there’s something better for less then lets hear it

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Before I commandeered it to hold my Virb Elite camera I used a Ram Mount X-Grip to hold my phone. It was rock solid no matter how I drove 1499.
    It's a tad expensive but you gets what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    R56 Cooper S hatch
    Thanks, looks a serious bit of kit that holder does. Might just bite the bullet on the Brodit one, haven't seen anyone who's not happy with it.

I love my Halfords magnetic in vent holder and at £12 it's very cheap. It actually doesn't fit in my vents, but clips perfectly on the wee bars between the toggle switches. The kit comes with two metal plates, one is adhesive the other pops between the phone and the cover (the method I use). I love that it's so low profile when the phone isn't fitted (1 1/2" across) and can't be seen when the phone is affixed. I'll pop up a photo later.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...&storeId=10001

Car
    R56 Cooper S hatch
    Thanks, that really is discreet.

I use the cd slot mount when I'm using my phone for streaming, it does obscure the buttons slightly but not that it bothers me as I only use the one to select the aux output. I use the mount on the left in the Mini and on the right when I use it in the Renault!