Recommended Approved Bodyshop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F55 Cooper S
    Hi, the rear bumper on my F55 has sustained a bit of damage in the form of a few scuffs, small dent and a crack on the bottom edge. It's repairable and I've had a couple of quotes from Harry Fairbairn in Kirkcaldy (who use the Kia bodyshop) and Peter Vardy Seafield (Dentec I think).

Has anyone got any experience of these or can recommend another approved bodyshop in central / east Scotland?

Thanks.

Car
    F56 Challenge Edition #20
    I only ever use Jacksons of Kelty - I've no affiliation, just a very satisfied customer.

Great value, too.
    Chewing through the restraints every night

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Speak to Martin (bodyshop23) who runs JRM Coachworks in Edinburgh who will do you a great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    Cooper
    I get all my trade work done in Glenrothes by George Ross from The Coachworks behind Spittals bathroom shop. He's done a lot of work for me including family vehicles and quite a few Minis and will look after you. Tell him Paul sent you and he will look after you, great guy to deal with

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F55 Cooper S
    Thanks for the recommendations, always good to have.

With my car only being 18 months old I presumed I would have to use an approved MINI bodyshop if I want to maintain my warranties. Is that the case and are any of the above approved?

Car
    Cooper
    To me that means nothing! Years ago I used a guy in Kirkcaldy where Morrisons-original owners of BMW garage when it was down in the town centre-used a bodyshop in Kirkcaldy for all their work and was approved BMW repair shop, so I wanted a high quality job to a brand new car which was to have a Caricature full bodykit fitted to it which was an expensive bit of kit at the time. Long story short was an absolute nightmare which was only resolved when legal action was started! Plus not long ago there was a guy from HF garage in Kirkcaldy who got his BMW damaged in town centre at night and he was looking for advice of a good repair shop as all their cars go to Arnold Clark repair shop, and he wasn't wanting that for his pride 'n' joy!

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F55 Cooper S
    Using Arnold Clark doesn't fill me full of confidence either.

Where would I stand in terms of warranty if didn't use MINI approved?

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    I don't mean to sound daft but if you get it done does it need to be an approved bodyshop. As soon as you get it painted they'll wash their hands of any warranty claim on that panel anyway so for me I'd just take it to whoever you'd usually use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F55 Cooper S
    I would agree if the work could be done in situ. However, the bottom grill needs to be rehoused and its frame insert replaced so it looks like the bumper has to come off.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Re. MINI "Official/Approved" Body/Paint shops. As I've documented elsewhere previously, a few years back I used Douglas Park Mini's approved bodyshop in East Kilbride and they were pure rubbish, slip-shod and expensive, so I'd always go somewhere with a good rep and on others' advice rather than anything which is "approved" by Mini or a dealer.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!