Hi all.

Not been on here in a while but really need your help.

I have an R56 from 2007 which we've had since new. Recently (Early Dec) the oil warning light came on. We had an issue reading the dipstick and found that the car needed around 2.5 litres of oil adding to it. Shortly after this the engine management light came on. So it was put into the garage. They said there was no fault found relating to the fault codes it was producing. So they reset them and road tested. Again the light came on so we took it back, the night before it went in the light went off but they still checked it. Again, no fault found relating to the codes.

Drove the car from the garage to my work and the warning light flashed on for the oil for about 2 secs and went off. This happened a couple of times. Called them and booked it in. In between this the oil light came on and went off a few times but only for 2 secs at a time. They checked it again. Reset the camshaft values (or something like that, not 100% sure), checked the applicable areas, road tested and said it's ok. Well it's not. Still flashing up the oil warning light.

So it's been in 3 times over a month and I've spent just over £200 and still have issues. I've looked online and people have reported this issue (not very common though) but never seem to come back with a solution or fix. Does anyone have any ideas, help, solutions, things to check?

Thanks, for any help. G.